COVID-19 Links, facts and discussion. Politics and hyperbole welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now it’s getting serious. This will be very interesting to watch how this works. The shelter in place order till April 7 for the Bay Area.

Our call log is up 60% today compared to normal, mostly it is people wanting to come in or wanting to know what to do about the shelter in place. We're exempt, but making adjustments, I'm having to beg my suppliers to get us more IV supplies....we're going through out immune bags fast.

My gun store I'm familiar with is running NICS checks north of 200% of normal today.

There’s a lot of unknowns with a lot of drastic measures being taken right now. You hear the terrible stories about the virus and then you hear it’s not that bad. Schools are starting to drop the hammer here in Missouri. The school I work for hasn’t yet, but it’s bound to come. My job will require my staff and I to remain to clean and disinfect all the buildings unless directed otherwise. The bright side is I purchase all supplies and have plenty of TP in stock.

Personally, I have an 87 year old grandmother in a nursing home fighting aspiration pneumonia who the doctors thought might have two weeks left a week ago. They’ve locked down the nursing home so you can’t get into see her. Dying along is not how I hope to see her go. Luckily, they have been letting my mother in, but screening her.

I hope all stay well and healthy.

There’s a lot of unknowns with a lot of drastic measures being taken right now. You hear the terrible stories about the virus and then you hear it’s not that bad. Schools are starting to drop the hammer here in Missouri. The school I work for hasn’t yet, but it’s bound to come. My job will require my staff and I to remain to clean and disinfect all the buildings unless directed otherwise. The bright side is I purchase all supplies and have plenty of TP in stock.

Personally, I have an 87 year old grandmother in a nursing home fighting aspiration pneumonia who the doctors thought might have two weeks left a week ago. They’ve locked down the nursing home so you can’t get into see her. Dying along is not how I hope to see her go. Luckily, they have been letting my mother in, but screening her.

good luck to you and your grandmother, I am sorry to hear about that and hope it ends well.

I am so very sorry

Sorry to hear. Hang in there.

I guess our schools could be closed 8 weeks, even possibly rest of year. We have lots of stuff in our stores, but this weekend folks were coming from Twin Cities and basically raiding our stores, so not sure how long they will last. We are lucky that most people have freezers of fish and game, however, our county is poor and many just do not have the money to stock up in bulk.

I am a little worried about my grandpa, he has made it through so much crap I would hate to see this thing hit him. Was thinking of bringing him up to my place because I live in a remote area, but then he falls and hurts himself with no real hospital close.............

Uncertain times, never would have thought it would really come to this when news first came out from China

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back