Covid-19 Data, Models, References - NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
you really don't understand modern economics - and nothing anyone here posts will change that - I just hope the silent readers of this thread just tune out your brand of hyperbole

They teach a course in econ 101 on the shutdown of the world's economy? Guess I missed that day.

Hell no reason to buzz has clearly explained they are going to get 1200 a week. They will be fine.

Well, guys like you think that those working minimum wage jobs for years and years should be just fine making less than that a week...

That sir is fake news. Never said that. Dare I say hyperbole. Shame! Shame!

@hossblur I truly have no idea what point you are trying make, or what your desire is, other than the fact you are frustrated and angry. I'm sorry about your dad and I'm sorry about your business.

Dad's been dead 19 years. I'm "essential". Well, until all my customers are unemployed or the insurance companies go belly up(I know, it can never happen)

My point, frustration, anger, is pretty simple.

We are willfully crashing the United States.

Not one of the geniuses in here have EVER experienced where this is heading. We have seen pandemics. We have NEVER driven the country off a cliff.

Russia has to be stunned. Nuclear missiles, cyber terrorism, proxy wars.

And all it took to crash the United States was a virus that will kill 1-2% of the population.

You don't just flip a switch. Buzz has zero clue, he's never done it. You other 2, perhaps.

Would YOU start a buisness today? Next week? Next month?

Would YOU take a loan to keeps your employees? For what. A nonexistant market?

Are you dumb enough to think this ends next month?

This summer?

This fall?

Short a vaccine, then the lag of 7 billion people getting it, how does this end?

It doesn't.

The death rate will be the same. The symptoms will be the same. The RO will be the same.

We have ample history for what a depression is and what it does.

I know "it could never happen"

Except it is.

I don't know, but I doubt many freeway over passes were being built over freeways that didn't exist in '29-'42...just a guess on my part.

Wyoming has a rainy day fund to fall back on, something Utah maybe should look into...but, your State, like most that live in it, spend well beyond their means.

Oil closed Friday at 28.34 a barrel on Friday...quit exaggerating and lying. Oil price has more to do with OPEC and the urination competition between Saudi and Russia...as well as consequences of "drill baby, drill" than a pandemic.

I'm surprised the price has stayed as high as it has, considering the glut of oil and reductions in demand.

As to the GF, they'll be fine.

You mean the reduced demand caused by the pandemic?

Last I checked, YOUR governor hasn't locked down the state. Is he a fool too?

Dad's been dead 19 years. I'm "essential". Well, until all my customers are unemployed or the insurance companies go belly up(I know, it can never happen)

My point, frustration, anger, is pretty simple.

We are willfully crashing the United States.

Not one of the geniuses in here have EVER experienced where this is heading. We have seen pandemics. We have NEVER driven the country off a cliff.

Russia has to be stunned. Nuclear missiles, cyber terrorism, proxy wars.

And all it took to crash the United States was a virus that will kill 1-2% of the population.

You don't just flip a switch. Buzz has zero clue, he's never done it. You other 2, perhaps.

Would YOU start a buisness today? Next week? Next month?

Would YOU take a loan to keeps your employees? For what. A nonexistant market?

Are you dumb enough to think this ends next month?

This summer?

This fall?

Short a vaccine, then the lag of 7 billion people getting it, how does this end?

It doesn't.

The death rate will be the same. The symptoms will be the same. The RO will be the same.

We have ample history for what a depression is and what it does.

I know "it could never happen"

Except it is.
I wish you well.

Heres a thought.

BUZZ, VIKING, JLS.

As you 3 sit in this forum day after day trying to convince the rest of us of your intellectual superiority, take 5 seconds and visit WHO SPONSORS THIS FORUM.

Those companies, like Leuopold, Gerber, Kennetrek, etc, I doubt are deemed essential. They are staring 100% at possible bankruptcies, loss of market, layoffs, and closing.

The unmitigated arrogance of you three with your how stupid folks are is quite frankly appalling.

It's great that you've somehow decided your bulletproof to the catastrophe most folks are looking at financially.

But I doubt a scope maker at leuopold, or a blade maker at Gerber., appreciates being told how dumb they were with their money or finances, or career choice.

I know I don't. I I doubt highly any of you Would have the guts to say the shit you say to any of those employees faces.

Randy is free to ban me. But you 3 are asses

I I doubt highly any of you Would have the guts to say the shit you say to any of those employees faces.
Then you are wrong. And if you think I haven't thought of all of the heartache this will cause companies, then you're being willfully ignorant. You make numerous false assumptions and state them as fact.

Again, I wish you well.

Two days is not a definite trend, but Italy and Spain may have both begun a downward trend in daily deaths. Italy is still 9000 deaths under the total deaths attributed to the flu in the 2016/‘17 flu season. I would be less surprised by states lifting the shutdowns prior to April 30th than by an extension.

Thanks for the update on Italy it’ll be interesting to see how that plays out here in the next few weeks

Was Italys flu season 60 days long in 16/17 ?

Just comparing the death toll and nothing else.

Most elderly people have some level of immunity to quite a few flus due to having some throughout their lifetime, plus flu shots. They don’t have any immunity to this. If this is exactly equally deadly to the flu, I would guess that it would kill more in the first year or two than the flu by a huge factor. If it doesn’t kill 5-10X the flu, or hammer the young healthy demographics, then I won’t be convinced that it’s that much more deadly...or even equally deadly.

A reference to elkdud's Covid/John Prine post.
John's still fighting for his life. As are many others - as will many others.
B4 Prine sang Blaze Foley's song, Clay Pigeons (in this video) - he humbly defers to Foley - the original writer and singer of this gem.
John's always been that way. A hell of a quality.
"start talkin' again
when I know what to say". Some pretty damn apropos lyrics.
Hope he get's to talkin again.

Sorry for the discussion.............

Heres a thought.

BUZZ, VIKING, JLS.

As you 3 sit in this forum day after day trying to convince the rest of us of your intellectual superiority, take 5 seconds and visit WHO SPONSORS THIS FORUM.

Those companies, like Leuopold, Gerber, Kennetrek, etc, I doubt are deemed essential. They are staring 100% at possible bankruptcies, loss of market, layoffs, and closing.

The unmitigated arrogance of you three with your how stupid folks are is quite frankly appalling.

It's great that you've somehow decided your bulletproof to the catastrophe most folks are looking at financially.

But I doubt a scope maker at leuopold, or a blade maker at Gerber., appreciates being told how dumb they were with their money or finances, or career choice.

I know I don't. I I doubt highly any of you Would have the guts to say the shit you say to any of those employees faces.

Randy is free to ban me. But you 3 are asses

You get what you give there Hoss...

Just comparing the death toll and nothing else.

Most elderly people have some level of immunity to quite a few flus due to having some throughout their lifetime, plus flu shots. They don’t have any immunity to this. If this is exactly equally deadly to the flu, I would guess that it would kill more in the first year or two than the flu by a huge factor. If it doesn’t kill 5-10X the flu, or hammer the young healthy demographics, then I won’t be convinced that it’s that much more deadly...or even equally deadly.

you could have typed wild " speculation on my part " and saved yourself some time. Carry on.

you could have typed wild " speculation on my part " and saved yourself some time. Carry on.

What’s your conclusion if Italy’s death toll ends up similar to their 2016/‘17 flu season? Shut the world down and bankrupt everyone?

I do think they’re going to exceed that number, but it doesn’t look like they’re going to do so by any dramatic margins unless they go back on the upswing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back