COVID-19 Links, facts and discussion. Politics and hyperbole welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current US numbers .
Look at the graph posted. This is where shit gets real and we find out if we have been reactive enough. If you look at the last week, confirmed cases are doubling every TWO days. Those of you who understand math beyond linear equations understand the significance of this. Those of you who don't can find a refresher further up the page in one the links @Nameless Range posted.

Think of this as trying to outrun a forest fire. By the time you decided to run, you were probably #@)(*%* anyway.

This crap sucks, all the idiots out hording and going frickin nuts are truly going to loose it by the end of the week when the number of infected goes through the roof. The media will be having a field day. No one will say the only reason for the huge spike in confirmed cases is because we are are testing a million more folks. No that wouldn't fit the dang narrative.

Last edited:
This crap sucks, all the idiots out hording and going frickin nuts are truly going to loose it by the end of the week when the number of infected goes through the roof. The media will be having a field day. No one will say the only reason for the huge spike in confirmed cases is because we are are testing a million more folks. No the that wouldn't fit the dang narrative.
I agree with you on the hording.

What I find fascinating about this chart is what are the factors for the drastic differences in death rates. Why is Italy through the roof? Is it because they are a very touchy, kissy European culture? Is it their health care infrastructure? Was it their response time?

Why is Germany's death rate so low and none listed as serious?

Was South Koreas aggressive approach coupled with their willingness for compliance allow them to keep their death rate relatively low?

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.01.57 AM.png

What I find fascinating about this chart is what are the factors for the drastic differences in death rates. Why is Italy through the roof? Is it because they are a very touchy, kissy European culture? Is it their health care infrastructure? Was it their response time?

Was South Koreas aggressive approach coupled with their willingness for compliance allow them to keep their death rate relatively low?

In that Attia podcast he does mention that most live data is now junk, and he has abandoned most current data counts as reliable for a variety of reasons. I can't remember if he expounds on that. I would bet as time goes on stats across all countries will move toward a mean, though the disparities will still be interesting. It would be interesting to know the procedures across all countries for reporting these stats and whether some normalized protocol is being followed for reporting.

This crap sucks, all the idiots out hording and going frickin nuts are truly going to loose it by the end of the week when the number of infected goes through the roof. The media will be having a field day. No one will say the only reason for the huge spike in confirmed cases is because we are are testing a million more folks. No that wouldn't fit the dang narrative.

Or to turn it around,, the only reason there are not more cases presently confirmed is that the supply of test kits has been limited.

Yep, and around and around we go. I would bet this virus has been around for at least months. Lots of folks have been going to the doctor with fevers and flu like systems but tested negative for flu.

In that Attia podcast he does mention that most live data is now junk, and he has abandoned most current data counts as reliable for a variety of reasons. I can't remember if he expounds on that. I would bet as time goes on stats across all countries will move toward a mean, though the disparities will still be interesting. It would be interesting to know the procedures across all countries for reporting these stats and whether some normalized protocol is being followed for reporting.

Makes sense, I naturally assume there are discrepancies in the data, but the auditor in me can't help but notice the outliers and wonder why....even if the numbers are squishy.

So no matter what happens, our media and government will have saved the world!

Did you read the heading and the context for why @Randy11 started this thread? If you want to argue about it go somewhere else.

Randy asked that there be no hyperbole. You seem to have disregarded that comment. I suggest you stop the direction you are headed on this thread.

Go read my earlier post warning people to not derail this thread. You, or anyone continuing in this direction, will no longer have a working password.

View attachment 131220

I've been wondering the same thing. I figured the disparities were partially due to number of tests being administered. So if a country is doing a LOT of testing and finding a bunch of asymptomatic patients with the virus, their serious and fatal cases will be a smaller %. But what's weird is a keep hearing about how the US is woefully inadequate when it comes to testing, still our serious and fatal rate is relatively small compared to Europe/middle east (perhaps it hasn't been here long enough for active cases to worsen?)

I think we'll see the US case #s go through the roof by the end of the week due to more testing. If the % fatal/serious decreases then we'll know what's up.

Still strange how bad Italy is doing. Some say the highly rated healthcare system wasn't prepared early on for the onslaught of cases and that's why the fatal rate is so high.

Impressive we have the knowledge base on pandemics, Jack shit. Yet you keep pumping out your opinion but jump all over anyone who expresses an opposing view. End of days we got it.
As for my credentials, and five years as a firefighter/EMT and spent the last 13 as a police officer. So believe it or not you’re not the only one in the world thats had to deal with an emergency situation or make a judgment call. My days off are spent as a mason. Not that any of that matters. You just seem to be very proud that your paramedic.
If you can honestly look at where we are at currently at and tell me the experts aren’t making this up day-to-day just like everyone else and hats off to you.

Anyway how’s the quarantine working out for Italy? They got on it early and locked down.

Your s*** here is about to flake, pal. Put a cork in it.

I just want to add, thank you all for the information being provided here.

I've been on non-stop phone calls for the last 3-4 work days about this and this is the BEST clearinghouse of information I can find. I've been using many of the links and sharing them with co-workers, etc.

Its been very useful for me.

Still strange how bad Italy is doing. Some say the highly rated healthcare system wasn't prepared early on for the onslaught of cases and that's why the fatal rate is so high.

My speculation is that they have the second oldest population of any country in the world. So, presumably, a high percentage of their cases involves the most vulnerable patients.

Yes, thank you Randy 11 and all who have provided useful info instead of conjecture.
I was begrudgingly committed to taking my 93 yr old dad to Weiser today for his yearly heart pacemaker checkup. We called last week to see about rescheduling and were told not to worry, keep the appointment. Called this morning and they rescheduled him without hesitation. They had just checked his pacemaker in December through the phone and all was good so this was the right move. The average age of our nearest town is 65 so this is weighing on everybody here. We all need to do our part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back