MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

COVID-19 antibodies detected in whitetails

I thought this sentence was super interesting, "Three wild deer blood samples from January 2020, when the virus was just beginning to spread in the U.S., also contained antibodies, Nature reports."

January 2020 in wild deer already? wow. makes me think it was over here well before Jan 2020.

I thought this sentence was super interesting, "Three wild deer blood samples from January 2020, when the virus was just beginning to spread in the U.S., also contained antibodies, Nature reports."

January 2020 in wild deer already? wow. makes me think it was over here well before Jan 2020.
Possible. Or it just made the jump real fast.

I haven't read the paper that was quoted but I was curious on that also. Wouldn't be surprised if it was in the NE.

Listened to a podcast recently where they tested whitetail blood samples dating back from 2020 to 1990s I believe and they didn't find any traces of antibodies.

Here's another publication on the subject. I apologize if this has already been posted. I doubt Covid can be eliminated if we have reservoir host across our landscape. I've seen news of it turning up in various zoo animals, dogs, and who knows what else. I'd guess mule deer also harbor the virus. So, the virus continues to circulate even if humans achieve 100% vaccination???

If the assumption is it was passed from humans to deer, I wonder how. If covid spreads as an aerosol, are humans in close enough contact with deer for this to happen? I am skeptical since deer generally do not come up and lick our faces. It is also believed that covid does not do well when exposed to uv and in outdoor environments which would eliminate covid lingering on à lot of surfaces in the woods. Obviously, the antibodies are a result of some sort of spread. I am not sure we have this covid thing figured out as much as we would like to think. Interesting article.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back