MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

COVID-19 antibodies detected in whitetails

When I read the article, I thought it was super interesting, as it is pretty rare for a virus to be able to infect cross-species and this one seems to be able to do it no problem.
It's rather fascinating actually, and I wonder just how many other species it is circulating in already, such as racoons, squirrels, opossums, etc.
I'd imagine this would be relatively easy and is probably happening already, especially since the use of deer feeders is widespread, hence multiple species congregate regularly in close proximity, thereby setting up a perfect scenario for cross-species infections. What impact this will have, if any at all, who knows?
Nevertheless, it's a curiosity that I would assume any wildlife enthusiast (that's us right?) would have and would want to know more about. Just like if we were talking about CWD, or pneumonia in bighorn sheep for example. However, for this particular pathogen, the crazy comes out in some, making normal civil dialogue impossible. It's mind boggling really.

Read the first paragraph of the article and realized they stupid and were already inaccurate with there statement of whitetail being in every state beside Alaska, California, Nevada, Utah don’t have any whitetail.

Read the first paragraph of the article and realized they stupid and were already inaccurate with there statement of whitetail being in every state beside Alaska, California, Nevada, Utah don’t have any whitetail.
Yeah, but who cares about Utah? 😏😄

How about bring it on track vs joining the bad apple club for Randy Bunyon to chop the tree down.

No worries all. Randy was joking when he said,

...or I just start deleting threads and banning the habitual offenders, no matter if they're my family, my neighbor, my hunting friends, or a complete stranger.

A quick goggle search to Utah DNR states there are a few whitetail in Utah. Not many, but certainly not none.

Last edited:
A quick goggle search to Utah DNR states there are a few whitetail in Utah. Not many, but certainly not none.
Hmm interesting I wonder where. Much the less still none in California and Nevada off the top of my head.

Sure. Maybe I'm being sensitive. But I'll tell you this, after losing my mom to Covid, I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing a bunch of dumb jokes about it not being real or not being a big deal.
I understand and I'm sorry for your loss. I take covid seriously for sure. Got my 2 shots. And I agree. I'm tired of all the comments about the same. I been tired of alot since people couldn't shut up about toilet paper. Once was funny. 1,000,000 times...it got old.

Again I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 2 years ago(not to covid) and I know its hard. Everyday my brain tells me to call her to tell her something,, before it remembers I can't.

I jumped in to joke on this thread because it was about whitetail. And I thought maybe we could joke about whitetails without getting too out of line. But I understand where you're coming from as well.

Honestly no worries. I get a little pissy now and again, but I get over it.

There are thousands of different types of Coronavirus out there....the deer have probably been dealing with them longer than we have.

There are thousands of different types of Coronavirus out there....the deer have probably been dealing with them longer than we have.
The article specifically mentions that these are Covid 19 antibodies!

Honestly, what was your intention with that comment? Was it really anything other than to sow doubt? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but I'm struggling.

Well this is going downhill quickly. What level of profanity is needed to just get it locked and stop the ridiculous misinformation?
On my screen the "Back" button is in the upper left corner of the screen. I use it frequently on some threads.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back