Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Covid-19 - Emerging treatment news thread (no politics, no tin foil hats)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it’s quite important to the 20% that live. I am amazed at how casual some are with the lives of others. My guess is they will be less cavalier if/when their spouse/child gets sick from whatever may hospitalize them.
Sorry man, but everyone I have, do, or will love, will die. You do understand, that nothing you will ever do will prevent that right? You could drug everyone, put them in a isolated room, connected to a feeding tube and a ventilator, and I bet that water bag would "survive" a little longer than it would otherwise. But part of the human experience is the actually LIVE, to actually LOVE, to have a set of experiences, some of them will even be dangerous. The fun is weighing that danger with the benefits. If you want to reduce your risk to zero, by all means do so, no one is stopping you.

I’m following my stats at home closely. Our coronavirus deaths average having two preexisting conditions per patient.

Mississippi also has these stats on coronavirus deaths:

0-29 yrs of age - 0 deaths

30-59 yrs of age - 22 deaths

60 and up years of age - 187 deaths

Our children are very safe. Our working age people are fairly safe.

New York had 12% survival rate in the ventilator. Not impressive treatment. Nothing cavalier, just an ineffective treatment that we were told was critical.
You entirely miss the point. It is a treatment of last resort. No ventilator and those 12% are dead. I just don't understand the odd angle a few of you are taking. But I guess Hunttalk's google constitutional expertise is being converted to google medical expertise.

If, god forbid, your spouse or child was on a table in a building you could not enter and the doctor called and said 85% chance your spouse/child will be dead in 5 minutes, or we can use this ventilator and there is a 15% chance you will once again talk to them, hug them, share a meal with them, pursue your life plans again, I expect you to reply "ventalators we don't need stinking venatlators - its all fake news. Or maybe you are an internet hypocrite - and I think it is apparent to all which it is.

Last edited:
Last year, about 35,000 Americans died of the flu and 39,000 died in car accidents. We are now over 50,000 deaths from Covid-19. In essentially a month, coronavirus killed more people than the flu last year or car accidents last year, and that is with extreme social measures. That is something to think about.

I thought this article was interesting:

"We find that the number of daily tests carried out is much more important than their sensitivity, for the success of a case-isolation based strategy. "

A) In 2017/‘18 the flu death number in the US was 80k.

B) We’ve had 50k die WITH covid-19. Thats very different than FROM.

I’m following my stats at home closely. Our coronavirus deaths average having two preexisting conditions per patient.

Mississippi also has these stats on coronavirus deaths:

0-29 yrs of age - 0 deaths

30-59 yrs of age - 22 deaths

60 and up years of age - 187 deaths

Our children are very safe. Our working age people are fairly safe.
But NYC is 50% below 63 so again you cherry pick your data to support a conclusion you had before there was any data. I am glad you are signing up to be on the Obama death panel - you alone will decide who's life is worth saving. But if you get sick, maybe you will be kind enough to let @Trial153 and I decide for you - we absolutely will honor your clearly stated intentions on this thread?

Sorry man, but everyone I have, do, or will love, will die. You do understand, that nothing you will ever do will prevent that right? You could drug everyone, put them in a isolated room, connected to a feeding tube and a ventilator, and I bet that water bag would "survive" a little longer than it would otherwise. But part of the human experience is the actually LIVE, to actually LOVE, to have a set of experiences, some of them will even be dangerous. The fun is weighing that danger with the benefits. If you want to reduce your risk to zero, by all means do so, no one is stopping you.
A completely ridiculous response as no one suggested otherwise.

A) In 2017/‘18 the flu death number in the US was 80k.

B) We’ve had 50k die WITH covid-19. Thats very different than FROM.

Good grief...

A) The 2017-18 flu season was the worst in more than 4 decades and happened over the course of 8 months. Covid has only taken off in the last month and a half and is over 50K dead despite the whole country being on a severe form of lockdown.

B) Very different? I doubt it.

Now I remember why I don't comment on these threads.

Interesting treatments for a Cuomo.
I prefer to get my medical advice from Paris Hilton. It must be perfect as I haven't gotten sick yet -- prove me wrong . . .

But NYC is 50% below 63 so again you cherry pick your data to support a conclusion you had before there was any data. I am glad you are signing up to be on the Obama death panel - you alone will decide who's life is worth saving. But if you get sick, maybe you will be kind enough to let @Trial153 and I decide for you - we absolutely will honor your clearly stated intentions on this thread?
I was discussing deaths from coronavirus. 63 is the avg age hospitalization in NYC, not deaths.

A completely ridiculous response as no one suggested otherwise.
No it isn't you implied that people will view death differently if it's someone they love. That's somehow they''re being cavalier discussing death because it isn't their family, and that's BS, plenty of people, apparently not yourself though, are capable of evaluating life and death and talking about that evaluation.

Age of coronavirus death is a major factor when deciding if schools and universities will open before medication is discovered to beat the virus. Without a treatment, we’ll need to develop herd immunity. If our under 50 crowd isn’t likely to die or become seriously ill, they might as well get the immunity.

Age of coronavirus death is a major factor when deciding if schools and universities will open before medication is discovered to beat the virus. Without a treatment, we’ll need to develop herd immunity. If our under 50 crowd isn’t likely to die or become seriously ill, they might as well get the immunity.
But they are carriers.

Somehow it’s cavalier to wonder if it’s reasonable to assume that a man with COPD, and congestive heart failure died of covid-19 not congestive heart failure(which is why excess mortality due to influenza is evaluated based on rising and falling all cause mortality) but it isn’t cavalier for people who can work from home and draw a full paycheck to force business owners who have poured every dime they’ve ever made, along with quite a few dimes they’ve barrowed, and countless hours working away from their families, to lose everything they have.

People dying of covid aren’t the only people losing right now. No matter how much someone doesn’t want to face it, it’s a cost benefit analysis. The cost of what we’re doing to ourselves is incalculably high. The idea that those paying the highest price to “slow the spread” shouldn’t have a voice in this is what is cavalier.

Last edited:
So keep the under 50 crowd away from the over 50 crowd.
Seriously? That ignores the reality of multigenerational families cohabiting or even the simple fact that for the last 25yrs americans have waited longer to start families. The world that exists in your mind for this argument does not reflect reality people have to live with. That is why every level of government has pushed down the "reopen" responsibility to the next level down, including individual school districts. No one wants the responsibility. Gotta love politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back