Covid-19 Data, Models, References - NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s your conclusion if Italy’s death toll ends up similar to their 2016/‘17 flu season? Shut the world down and bankrupt everyone?

you really seem to have an agenda, why dont you do us all a favor and stop pushing it.

Two days is not a definite trend, but Italy and Spain may have both begun a downward trend in daily deaths. Italy is still 9000 deaths under the total deaths attributed to the flu in the 2016/‘17 flu season. I would be less surprised by states lifting the shutdowns prior to April 30th than by an extension.

You really can't compare death counts per se. If Italy would have let the coronavirus just run its course, like we do with the flu,, their death count would be higher than where they are presently. When has the flu filled hospitals beyond their capacity?? When have we bumped up on ventilator capacity?

I too hope we can see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

you really seem to have an agenda, why dont you do us all a favor an stop pushing it.

My agenda is that we should interpret this properly now, and ESPECIALLY when it’s over.

The number of people who die is meaningless without context. I chose to use the number that die of lower respiratory illnesses(which is what we’re usually given when they put up a “flu” number) as good context.

It’s also important to know that when you have a new virus, it’s not unusual for it infect high numbers if people and spread through the population more quickly than the flu usually does because with the flu, not every person a sick person contacts is susceptible, but with a new virus they are. That won’t be the case two years from now.

Feel free to find literature proving that what I’ve stated is wrong. I’ll accept it.

More emotion. It's not a matter of earned, it's a matter of funding.

We can hand all the dollars in the world to the gov pensions. In fact it's been done. Weimar Republic they used wheelbarrows.
Sure hope that FED you are counting on has the funds. Same as the STATE.

Do you believe there is some money tree somewhere? A money fairy?

No one is buying our bonds. We are simply printing monopoly money.

Those pensions will be paid with monopoly money.

Is that what you worked hard to earn?

My retirement is funded by a IRA funded by a lump sum payment from a publicly traded oil company. On paper,, if I panicked, I'd take a big hit presently. Who knows, if it all goes to $hit,, I'll be broke.

Most of your post is fanciful with no basis in fact. Uncle Sam has not had problems selling t-bills.

You really can't compare death counts per se. If Italy would have let the coronavirus just run its course, like we do with the flu,, their death count would be higher than where they are presently. When has the flu filled hospitals beyond their capacity?? When have we bumped up on ventilator capacity?

I too hope we can see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

I’ll admit that you have a point on Italy’s death toll. BUT there are reports that family’s let their young folk go out and play with each other since they weren’t likely to get sick, then they’d come inside and infect their parents and grandparents, so their shutdown may not have made a huge difference for a while...if it made one at all.

Ventilator capacity...

“During a severe influenza pandemic, there is likely to be a projected shortfall of ventilators (-15,783) during peak week demand.”

I’m not saying that nothing should be done, or that this couldn’t overwhelm hospitals if we didn’t take any measures to flatten the curve. If covid-19 is exactly as deadly as the flu, it could overwhelm hospitals and blow a normal years flu deaths out of the water because our susceptible populations do not have the advantages over this that they normally have over the flu.

Last edited:
My agenda is that we should interpret this properly now, and ESPECIALLY when it’s over.

The number of people who die is meaningless without context. I chose to use the number that die of lower respiratory illnesses(which is what we’re usually given when they put up a “flu” number) as good context.

It’s also important to know that when you have a new virus, it’s not unusual for it infect high numbers if people and spread through the population more quickly than the flu usually does because with the flu, not every person a sick person contacts is susceptible, but with a new virus they are. That won’t be the case two years from now.

Feel free to find literature proving that what I’ve stated is wrong. I’ll accept it.

the Falkland islands infection rate went up by 50% in single day, yesterday. We are all going to die. Prove me wrong I will wait.
Thats no different then the workless crap you post, albeit briefer. Same shit different smell.

My retirement is funded by a IRA funded by a lump sum payment from a publicly traded oil company. On paper,, if I panicked, I'd take a big hit presently. Who knows, if it all goes to $hit,, I'll be broke.

Most of your post is fanciful with no basis in fact. Uncle Sam has not had problems selling t-bills.
No problem if you count selling them to yourself. ;)

Glad to see we are testing lions when we can’t test humans fast enough.

Good coverage on some of the economic impacts happening now in NY. They should reach out to buzz so he can explain there is no reason to worry.

notice-this-workplace-requires-no-physical-fitness-program-everyone-around-56808582.jpg

To those who can't have a civil debate, I suspect a spelling contest is of little interest. So, I suggest you find a different forum to jump to conclusions, fly off the handle, run your mouth, kick a friend in the ass, dodge responsibility, and push your luck. 'Cause it ain't welcome here.

This thread is locked.

Yet, on a lighter note. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back