COVID-19 Links, facts and discussion. Politics and hyperbole welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N Y Times needs to take credit their "missteps" in their reporting. Mostly just concerned with China US trade ramifications in this January piece.

Trump Administration Restricts Entry Into U.S. From China
The travel disruption sent shocks through the stock market and rattled industries that depend on the flow of goods and people between the world’s two largest economies.

merlin_168164580_cfaa2942-db55-430f-8c09-26ad29a06d9b-articleLarge.jpg

The United States will begin funneling all flights from China to just a few airports, including Kennedy International in New York.

The United States will begin funneling all flights from China to just a few airports, including Kennedy International in New York. Credit...Johnny Milano for The New York Times
Michael CorkeryAnnie Karni
By Michael Corkery and Annie Karni
  • Published Jan. 31, 2020

The government also imposed a two-week quarantine on 195 people who were evacuated on Wednesday from Wuhan, China, to a California military base.
Some public health and policy experts said the restrictions announced Friday, weeks after the virus was discovered in China, might not do as much officials hoped in containing the contagion.
At this point, sharply curtailing air travel to and from China is more of an emotional or political reaction, said Dr. Michael T. Osterholm, an epidemiologist and director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.
“The cow’s already out of the barn,” he said, ”and we’re now talking about shutting the barn door.”

We’ve now tested more people than any country on earth...

We don’t need to “know the denominator” to know what kind of virus we’re up against. First of all, that number is always changing. Secondly, no one uses testing to determine P&I deaths. They use the increase above baseline weekly mortality. Currently no country on earth is confirmed to be above normal flu season spikes.
In WA we've had 86 deaths due to influenza this season (started in September):
1585264442190.png
We have 148 Covid19 deaths.

View attachment 133072

You’re talking about confirmed positive flu tests. Not P&I. Nation wide and world wide confirmed positive flu tests that result in mortality wouldn’t sell a single flu shot.

Nor have you heard of the one she went to. She can’t play that card without having it in her hand.

I strongly suspect her education is in some avenue of a biological science. Perhaps you are also educated in a biological science.

View attachment 133072

Looks like the CDC count for WA in 2017 was 1041. Hopefully covid-19 won’t get that high, but you’re a good bit of the way there. That is useful information. I wish I had the number for the peak weeks in front of me. Maybe I can find it.

Retrospect, hindsight, hyperbole, facts, hubris, perspective, foresight, reality.
Wonder what a similar discussion will sound like two weeks from now.
And how it may differ.....................

So neither of us went to med school.

I choose to think for myself, and seek data and proof.

You are welcome to listen to anyone you would like, but you should ask questions and never take something someone tells as absolute proof.
As a Lead Engineer for a medical implant device company, and you were working for me, I would see that you have a lot of drive to answer questions. I would also let you know that I would not want a hourly report on sources you are reviewing and questioning. What I would ask for is a weekly report on your findings for the week. Biological studies, white papers, and research methods geographically do not align. There is no solid perfect answer related to biological solutions on a scope of what you are looking into. There are many factors that the world's best can't even solve for. Show us how good you are and make us week to week data summary report. I bet there would be less resistance for you on this thread and would be some interesting results on your data interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back