MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Toyota Tacoma TRD, etc...Seller's Market!

Got another offer in the mail for my truck. Can't wait to sell it so I can over pay on new trucks that aren't available...
Yea same. I bought a 2018 Taco Offroad last spring. Was at 30K and change out the door with like 35 thousand miles. Was offered 32K for it last week. Thanks but no thanks…

well, my bro flake on our deal to take his place in line for the ordered Bronco Badlands Sasquatch. Sweet truck that he attached to once FORD sent him a pic of it rolling off the assembly line. He drove it and was HOOKED.

Meanwhile, I'm back to Toyota though placed my sytes on the Tundra Platinum double twin-turbo v6. That actually has quality rear seat leg space, not the sardine sized Taco rear seats.
Question for the Toy nutters - I'm thinking for re-sale, the "long bed" (one foot longer...) would hold better value over the 5'6'' bed. Thoughts?

Other than that, This '22 new engine has boosted the Toy big truck back to the top or in tight competition with the gas trucks.

well, my bro flake on our deal to take his place in line for the ordered Bronco Badlands Sasquatch. Sweet truck that he attached to once FORD sent him a pic of it rolling off the assembly line. He drove it and was HOOKED.

Meanwhile, I'm back to Toyota though placed my sytes on the Tundra Platinum double twin-turbo v6. That actually has quality rear seat leg space, not the sardine sized Taco rear seats.
Question for the Toy nutters - I'm thinking for re-sale, the "long bed" (one foot longer...) would hold better value over the 5'6'' bed. Thoughts?

Other than that, This '22 new engine has boosted the Toy big truck back to the top or in tight competition with the gas trucks.
I really don’t think the bed length will have an impact on resale. I love my old school 5.7 in my Tundra, but I’ve been driving a very fun, very fast twin turbo Ford for work lately. I think the turbo V6 has a ton of potential.

Crew cab vs double cab will make a difference, not sure bed length will.

I assume that more 5.5' beds will be made than the "long beds," which I know is the case with Tacomas and F150s. I believe that will make it hold its value better. 6' bed Tacomas sell even quicker around here. It might not effect dealer trade in that much, but I believe it would private party price.

Well, order in. Toy Tundra Limited iforce Max hybrid 437hp 583ft #'s with the cute crew cab sunroof - if I'm going to spend that flipping $$$ I'm getting the whole enchilada.

My Dealer Consultant responded something along this line...

giphy.gif

I was half tempted to respond with:

Ya, well so is my Johnson...but - figured that may bump me further down that list.

I sold my 2002 Toyota 4Runner with almost 300,000 miles for $10K cash in under 8 hours on Craigslist. I had so many inquiries I had to shut the post down. It was immaculate and I take impeccable care of my vehicles with all service records but still - I just couldn't believe it. Bought a new 1/2 ton truck with more than twice the towing capacity and better fuel economy and I love it but I do miss the old girl. She had style and a maneuverability that I greatly miss. Next rig is going to be an old Scout, 1st gen Bronco or FJ40 and convince my wife it's for plowing snow.

You guys with Tacoma’s know you can seriously smooth out the transmission and improve performance with a tuning program like VF Tuner right? It’s a phenomenal difference.

I had 3rd gen, went to a 2020 F150 and now back to a 2021 Tacoma. It’s very nice driving around town and OK for hunting solo. The 6’ bed is great. I find it more user friendly than the shorter and higher F150 bed.

However, I do really miss the interior room way more than I anticipated thought. Same with the ecoboost power. If the market wasn’t so stupid, I’d go back to a F150. 52932193-639B-447C-87B9-54504043CE16.jpeg

I sold my 2002 Toyota 4Runner with almost 300,000 miles for $10K cash in under 8 hours on Craigslist. I had so many inquiries I had to shut the post down. It was immaculate and I take impeccable care of my vehicles with all service records but still - I just couldn't believe it. Bought a new 1/2 ton truck with more than twice the towing capacity and better fuel economy and I love it but I do miss the old girl. She had style and a maneuverability that I greatly miss. Next rig is going to be an old Scout, 1st gen Bronco or FJ40 and convince my wife it's for plowing snow.

Well geez, in 2016 I sold my 2002 4Runner with 225K for $6,000. I bought it in 2011 for $10,000 cash with 100K on the odometer.

Anyone purchase the new tundra yet? Dealer informed me If I put down a deposit it would be delivered in February. Thought it was funny that they don’t have a single tundra to test drive between now and February. Who they hell pays $50k+ For a vehicle they can’t test drive?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back