New Truck Time - Testing and Sorting

I feel a drumroll coming.....

Quite a few have said F150 and a few enhancements, but I don't think Randy has commented on that. A darkhorse perhaps?

You are gonna run out of health before you run out of money.....or so I hear!

For what it’s worth and it’s not the EOD look at your price point and manufacture in states like Alabama Mississippi Texas. Might be quite a bit cheaper than what your finding in Montana. I have purchased many boats this way. Saved tons of cash If you know what you want jump on a plane and drive it home. You may find a TRD PRO a lot cheaper down in the gulf states than the western side. JMO

Sounds like I am late to the party... good luck with whatever new truck you got.

I have tested out all the trucks you mentioned, and I lease all of our trucks for work. I have leased 7 or 8 f150’s since about 2013. All eco boost and most of them fx4’s.

money and performance of the ford I don’t think it can be beat. I hunt all over Montana,and I believe we use our vehicle in a very similar fashion.

the back seat is huge, the floor is flat. I can sleep comfortably on The back floor if a sudden hunt trip arises.

I pull a SxS and trailer often, then during hunting season I drag a 25’ camp trailer down any dirt road that is open. I have crossed mountain passes (dirt roads) with the trailer, I have sunk the full rig into mud, I have seen plenty of snow and eastern Montana gumbo etc... I have tested it and it hasn’t failed me.

I put heavy 8-10 ply tires on it, and I can still chain up all four. The turbo gives you amazing low end torque... you can handle deep snow, slick rocks, ice snow etc.

there are a million factory options and configurations. I am confident you can find what you want. I ordered my last one (a 2019 crew cab Fx4 xlt w/ tow package). It took about 3 months and it was delivered to me with essentially zero miles.

one last bonus to the ford... extended range gas tank. My local dealer told me Chevy didn’t offer a larger tank, that was the deal killer for me.

good luck!

I'm in the market for a new truck this year as well. This thread has been greatly informative. I'm anxious to see what the boss decided to get.....

one last bonus to the ford... extended range gas tank. My local dealer told me Chevy didn’t offer a larger tank, that was the deal killer for me.

good luck!
This is something not mentioned in this thread. The range of these trucks. I don't know which one is better but I do know it is important to me.
It is quite common to use 3/4 of a tank of gas to get from town to your camp site here.
Gas cans suck and one less is more better.

This is something not mentioned in this thread. The range of these trucks. I don't know which one is better but I do know it is important to me.
It is quite common to use 3/4 of a tank of gas to get from town to your camp site here.
Gas cans suck and one less is more better.

Agreed, I've got the EcoBoost w/ 36 gallon tank. Depending on how I've been driving when I fuel up, my full tank range shows anywhere from 650-700 miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back