New Truck Time - Testing and Sorting

Agreed, I've got the EcoBoost w/ 36 gallon tank. Depending on how I've been driving when I fuel up, my full tank range shows anywhere from 650-700 miles.

Definitely one my favorite features as well. Those 36 gallons seem to last forever with the great MPG.

Definitely one my favorite features as well. Those 36 gallons seem to last forever with the great MPG.
Yep, I sold my last truck for that reason. Pulling a fifth wheel through New Mexico and I was legitimately worried whether I could make it to the next "town"

The Tundra also sucks in the consumption/tank department, a 26 gallon tank with 13-15mpg is a shitty combo. The tank should be north of 30.
I'll be picking up a couple of these....

As a light/medium duty diesel mechanic I’m a little glad that you don’t have any diesels on the list, they are great for towing but could be problemsome once hitting the off highway roads. Personally I agree the tundras are way over rated for what they are when it comes to options. I’m a dodge guy, and the power wagons have some fantastic features as well as resale value come time. But that being said they are on a 3/4 ton chassis which could help get you into trouble with weight and maintenance schedules especially when being used like you use it.
this pains me to say but a raptor seems like the most logical choice, I don’t see the ram rebel being in that same class of truck. But the raptor will have the interior room for the entire crew as well as great highway characteristics and off highway capabilities. Now that being said in the4 door configuration the beds are smaller than all other options listed which could cause an issue for being able to carry all the Jack links jerky.
I had a 2005 Nissan Titan as I was severely unimpressed with it as well as being a maintenance queen. I have not driven the newer gas powered ones but have driven the Cummins powered and it was nice but still never wowed me. But considering you’ve had such great luck with the Nissan are you looking to switch for the fact of looking for a new feel or is there something about the Titan that’s pushing you away from continuing your loyalty to it. Hopefully you made it through all that

I have a 2017 F150 Lariet with 3.5 eco boost 355 gearing and locker with FX4 package Goodyear wrangler tires and tow package. I have cut 1 1/2 inches off front spoiler for clearance and added air bags Back seat has lots of room with inverter and usb plugs also heated rear seats Truck gets 18- 19 mpg driving 65-70 and 17.5 going 75-80 on 1200 mile trip It has lots of power and pulls trailers really well also 5.5 box but when going elk hunting we use a hitch hauler So far has been great truck really like flat floor in rear seat area Dogs like it too.

What about a turbo V6 Ford? Better gas mileage and tow well.
I’ve heard the turbo in the ford eco boost engines can have issues around 70k miles, might be outliers though. I got a 17’ Gmc Sierra 1/2 ton in 18’ and it’s treated me pretty good so far. The LS engines are usually bombproof but I know if several guys who’ve had tranny problems, luckily I’m not one of them. Only thing I got to complain about so far is the front valance sits low so I’ve scraped quit a few rocks and the rear leafs are kinda squishy which makes it ride smooth on the pavement but it squats it when I put in a load in the bed

Last edited:
Chevy Colorado has a very small back seat. With me driving no adult could sit behind me for more than a couple minutes. The Bison does look like a badass truck though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back