Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Boats

I'll have to research the kicker in combo with the bow mount trolling motor. Youtube has been a good friend. Thanks! I'll look into that.

I figure there is a central electrical plug location to charge the four batteries though for the life of me, I can not find it! Hah! I've researched google though no luck, yet. Anyone with pointers for the plug jack to charge the boat batteries?

Wife ventured a trip on a glass water afternoon trek. She really enjoys the boat!+1,000 points for my boating endeavors. We placed the enclosure in short time! It is incredibly nice! Thanks again to @Duck-Slayer , @Salmonchaser and our collective bunch of boat gurus with HT! Jen and I believe this was the best bang for future we could have selected. It is well suited for any future location we have in mind. Now, to find that electrical jack! Haha!

boat pic MTL.jpg

Boston Whaler
I'm wondering if that's the boat I'm thinking of. I've heard it could break in half and still float. Doesn't sound right to me but no clue. Always heard nothing but good about them. You bring in the salt water stuff and my mind goes blank. Actually blank anyway as have had a few boats but always used boats. Can't afford new ones. But bring in salt water and I have to think the best for me would be one that made me feel safe if I decided to take it out of a bay.

I would think whoever rigged your boat put a 3 or 4 bank on board battery charger. I would guess they are somewhere close to your batteries.

He was pretty meticulous so I imagine a search of the battery compartments may be the secret. Would both sets of batteries be typically wired together to recharge from one location?
I have two batteries up front for the trolling motor and two batteries at the rear for the boat.

He likely put in one two bank charger for your trolling motor batteries, and I would guess no charger for the main motor batteries. You shouldn't need to charge the main motor batteries very often...

Wife ventured a trip on a glass water afternoon trek. She really enjoys the boat!+1,000 points for my boating endeavors. We placed the enclosure in short time! It is incredibly nice! Thanks again to @Duck-Slayer , @Salmonchaser and our collective bunch of boat gurus with HT! Jen and I believe this was the best bang for future we could have selected. It is well suited for any future location we have in mind. Now, to find that electrical jack! Haha!

View attachment 221638

No problem! Wasn’t to long ago I was sitting in that captains chair 😁
Matt

Curious, are boat ballasts water tanks to hold rain designed to tilt towards the bow?? I don't know the specific name - Ballast is what I'll use for this thread...

I've opted to keep my boat cover off due to my frequent use though we've incurred a recent deluge of rain and I know its filling the boat. Last time transporting, water shot out the Aft and Port side drain holes as I made turns while trailering it for the day's boating. Would not be a pleasant experience for a driver with their window down -Hah! Something I'd like to avoid...

Here's the deal though, my driveway is slanted slightly. I purposely leveled my boat with the boat a bit higher than the stern while parked in the driveway with the thought water would drain w/o the plug. However, again, while driving... full pressure hose type settings shot water out one side or the other! Haha!. I now sneak my way to a hillside road, where it's pitch is high enough that I have a healthy drain out of most all rain water!

My theory is boat hulls are designed where the ballasts are angled towards the bow so to not have the stern slump if water leaks?

Last edited:
Interesting timing of this thread to pop back up! I'm pretty much dead set on a hewes being my next boat and my wife and I just started seriously considering one this last week! Likely a pro v or sea runner like you have. Maybe you (or others) could help push me the way to go!

Interesting timing of this thread to pop back up! I'm pretty much dead set on a hewes being my next boat and my wife and I just started seriously considering one this last week! Likely a pro v or sea runner like you have. Maybe you (or others) could help push me the way to go!
I'm a rookie that received GREAT advice HT PM's, here, personal contacts, and other outlets.

Biggest aspect about this boat - It tolerates my rookie abuse. Far different from my typical knowledgeable use of the semi front V bass/jon boats of my past! Haha! It's an investment though as they say, "You get what you pay for"

My wife is 100% sold and that is absurdly amazing as my wife assigned budget was blown out of the water! Haha! It puts up with my abuse and it's a comfy ride for 6 seated. Wish I could help more though for the investment - we reached out to numerous parties involved in boats and the Alumaweld and Hewescraft seemed to be our main contenders. We sought a boat for costal ocean to lakes. So far, this one's been bombproof - even for a rookie at the helm.

I'm a rookie that received GREAT advice HT PM's, here, personal contacts, and other outlets.

Biggest aspect about this boat - It tolerates my rookie abuse. Far different from my typical knowledgeable use of the semi front V bass/jon boats of my past! Haha! It's an investment though as they say, "You get what you pay for"

My wife is 100% sold and that is absurdly amazing as my wife assigned budget was blown out of the water! Haha! It puts up with my abuse and it's a comfy ride for 6 seated. Wish I could help more though for the investment - we reached out to numerous parties involved in boats and the Alumaweld and Hewescraft seemed to be our main contenders. We sought a boat for costal ocean to lakes. So far, this one's been bombproof - even for a rookie at the helm.
For us, it will get used on Lake Michigan a lot as well as some larger local bodies of water. We troll a lot, probably 90% of the time we are fishing and the hewes have been where my previous research has always led me. At a boat show I looked one over quite a bit and fell in love

My theory is boat hulls are designed where the ballasts are angled towards the bow so to not have the stern slump if water leaks?

It should have a bilge pump situated at the lowest point in your bilge. Do you have a bilge switch on the console?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back