Caribou Gear

Toyota Tacoma TRD, etc...Seller's Market!

For those who survive a knock at death's door, I pray their knock is never repeated.

I have a possible line hop on a Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 10 speed transmission, with the larger eco-boost, and various bells and whistles. It was offered, and I've agreed. Waiting for a firm go from him.
Soft top, four door.
It's pretty flippin bad ass.
Ford took the cake with the Sport versionā€™s introduction commercial last year. ā€œRaised by Goatsā€ was probably the best advertisement Iā€™ve seen in recent memory.

I donā€™t love the design direction new trucks and SUVs have been headed (why are these grilles all so damn big!?). Ford did the Bronco relaunch well, IMO. Those more off road capable versions look extra tuff. They turn my head far more than any contemporary Jeep or Toyota. I hope you get your hands on that thing!

Last edited:
I donā€™t love the design direction new trucks and SUVs have been headed (why are these grilles all so damn big!?).
Don't know about the rest of them, but Mike Sweers, the head engineer for the new Tundra says the turbo engines run hotter (which we knew), so the larger grills are for more cooling. FWIW, I don't care for them either.

Don't know about the rest of them, but Mike Sweers, the head engineer for the new Tundra says the turbo engines run hotter (which we knew), so the larger grills are for more cooling. FWIW, I don't care for them either.
On Toyotaā€™s mood board.*1633011414736.jpeg

Turbos are cool and all, but Iā€™m guessing giant grilles (and shorter motor lifespans) are the new norm as engineers try to squeeze more mpg out of smaller engines running hotter.

*not original joke material.

Got another offer in the mail for my truck. Can't wait to sell it so I can over pay on new trucks that aren't available...

On Toyotaā€™s mood board.*View attachment 196076

Turbos are cool and all, but Iā€™m guessing giant grilles (and shorter motor lifespans) are the new norm as engineers try to squeeze more mpg out of smaller engines running hotter.

*not original joke material.

Have we not all seen the front ends on the Chevys and GM trucks over the past few years? They are literally a rectangle, the HDs have a face only a mother could love...yuck

Have we not all seen the front ends on the Chevys and GM trucks over the past few years? They are literally a rectangle, the HDs have a face only a mother could love...yuck
My complaint wasnā€™t directed toward Toyota specifically, but those new Tundra grilles do look aquatic. Iā€™ll give them some credit for being inventive though.

The new design standard for domestic full-size truck grilles seems to have been inspired by a sheet of plywood.

I have a possible line hop on a Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 10 speed transmission, with the larger eco-boost, and various bells and whistles. It was offered, and I've agreed. Waiting for a firm go from him.
Soft top, four door.
I canā€™t keep up with all these options packages but the google image result of that one looks pretty rad.
Way better than a tundra or taco.

Soft top, four door.
If it falls through a local dealer in town has one of the hard tops with the Sasquatch package, hell of a deal at $130kā€¦ šŸ˜…

He's had this order for almost 10 months! Should be coming up soon. 56k roughly.

We spoke of the 75-90k offers for these hard to get Broncos. Agreed if, for some reason, I sold prior to a couple years, we'd split the difference. Figure after a couple and chips, rubber, etc mellow out, the prices should as well.

He's a dealer/contractor so a conflict to keep and flip. A car person with an ethical conscious- rare though they do exist.

This is the, Golden Umpa Lumpa Ticket he holds. This takes the cake, IMO.

1633110571739.png

Reactions: Oak
Looking like the TRO PRO tundra is only going to be offered in the IMAX version. I might look a limited with the TRD package and add a leveling and two inch lift kit to ā€¦

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back