Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

COVID-19 Links, facts and discussion. Politics and hyperbole welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like North Dakota schools are closed this week, to be re-evaluated at the end of the week. I can’t imagine it will be just a week.

I know things are changing rapidly and there’s a lot of uncertainty around how to proceed, but it sure would have been nice for an already stressed public if they made this decision a little earlier than 7:30 on Sunday night.

Peter Attia, is a medical doctor who is very heavy on research and data. If you’ve listened to the Tim Ferriss podcast he’s been on there a couple times. He has his own podcast and released an episode this afternoon. Some really good information there and some sobering facts.

To speak to the seriousness of it all, this was something from the podcast:

Some model estimates, like that in aUCSF press release, reported that 1.23 million Americans will die from the virus over the next 12-18 month. To put it in perspective: 2.8M Americans died last year in total.

Last edited:
I watched the Vice President's broadcast today and I was kind of impressed with the newer response and proposed testing ability. They claim to be able to test 10K a day. Wow. The one thing that has me a little worried is that little doctor ( I forgot his name) saying they will do anything within the powers of the government to see that things are done. I don't know if it's the prepper in me, but that sounds an aweful like possible martial law. Curfews and food establishment and bar closings except for drive through and delivery, no large groups. It seems like it can get scary. I might be looking too much into it, though. I know I have enough toilet paper to share with people, as well as pantry staples, meats of various kinds, and cleaning good to keep me taken care of for months. None of it was panic buying. Grab stuff when it's on sale. 2 of my freezers are nothing but meat that was on sale at my local market. A lot of chicken, a couple of turkeys, pork, some beef steaks. I can literally not leave my house for about 3 months and be ok. The VA is teleconfrencing us from home and all I'd really need to leave the house for is dog food every couple of weeks. I can handle that. I almost feel sorry for non hunters and people with no outdoor skills when SHTF, but they kind of deserve what they get for their laziness. And now ammo and guns are being bought up. As of yesterday there was over 13,500 NICS checks backed up in the system. I know I'll be rolling my own ammo ASAP until I run out of components or powder.

Red Dawn is the TV.

My 9 year old said we have 3 doors, we need 3 AR(WE are 1 short).

I 100% agree. Momma, not so much.😁

Interesting twitter thread on how to speak to your family and persuade them that social distancing is important.

Yesterday I had a conversation with my folks, both in their 70s, one of them in poor health. It was strange, because I was actually nervous about it. Explained to them that they need to hunker down, stay entirely away from gathering places, and not engage in anything social. No grocery stores, no gas stations. I told them if they needed groceries, let me know and I would get them. I told them the schools were cancelled, and the hardest part of the conversation was the look on their faces when they offered to help with the kids, which is something they do often, I told them I appreciated it but the kids would not be coming by for a few weeks. Kids can be vectors and not exhibit any symptoms. I think that hurt them a little. They get it, but I think that snapped them into a bit of reality.

On the other hand I have friends loudly proclaiming, "I'm gonna live my life and not change a damn thing." Just reinforces why my folks need to stay home. Chances are good they'll eventually catch it, just hopefully later when resources are not constrained and we know more about the virus.

On the other hand I have friends loudly proclaiming, "I'm gonna live my life and not change a damn thing." Just reinforces why my folks need to stay home. Chances are good they'll eventually catch it, just hopefully later when resources are not constrained and we know more about the virus.

I wish your parents well. I'm afraid that the best time to have the coronavirus for any one individual is right now. We are not yet overwhelmed with cases. How it plays out in the next weeks and months is very uncertain. We are going to do what we can do,,,which is hunker down.

They set up airlocks at the hospital entrances here, pre-screening. No visitors for the patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back