Caribou Gear Tarp

Wifes 2009 WY deer

BuzzH

Got back last night from my wifes deer hunt here in Wyoming.

This hunting season has been kind of a "rebuilding" year for Pat. She had some rough luck last year with a pronghorn and had lost some confidence. The thing that I tried to convince her of is that what happened with the antelope was not her fault at all. She wasnt buying it.

What happened last year was something I have only seen one time out of many, many animals I've seen shot. She had a perfect broadside shot at the antelope and made a great hit...about 2 inches behind the shoulder, center of the body. I could immediately see blood coming out the on-side and I was sure the antelope would tip over any second. It didnt, and when it turned, I could see blood running down the HIND leg. I couldnt f'ing believe it when that antelope ran about 1/2 mile before bedding. That antelope was as broadside when she shot as an animal can get. Anyway, it required a second shot after we watched it bed, and Pat was convinced she was to blame for what happened. I closely looked at what happened, and I came to the conclusion that the bullet, without question, had hit the edge of a rib and turned at a severe angle and exited near the hind leg.

Anyway, this year her number one goal was to make good shots and get back the confidence she's always had, but was severely doubting after last year. I've gone through the same thing with my shooting/hunting and know how important being confident in yourself and equipment really is.

We found two bucks bedded on the second day of hunting and Pat liked the looks of the one buck. We got to 231 yards and Pat took her time and made a great shot, dropping the buck when it stood from its bed.

Pat was really happy with how her antelope and deer hunts went this year and I think she has her confidence back.

IMG_3166.JPG

Another look:

IMG_3167.JPG

Very nice!! Congrats to Pat for "getting back in the saddle" and shooting another nice buck!

Darn nice Muley Buzz! Congrats to your wife! 230 yard shot and a drop be it 30 yards is a super shot none the less to drop him where he stood!

Had a friend crack a buck that had something as described. We razz him about it in good fun. I don't doubt him for a minute. Had he been a person of different character ~ I may... though knowing his considerations of "ethical" shooting, etc - not for a minute do I doubt his recollection.

Cheers for the beauty of a muley! What was it? about a 22" spread? Looks fairly symetrical to boot! Cheers!

Congrats on that one. Nice looking buck, and great job on the photo. Interesting how this forum has set the standard so high on the quality/composition of the photos now. Definitely something you could hang at the "office" and never draw a complaint.

WTG Pat and Buzz. Yes the photos are much better.........no head shots with beverages! (The Old Timers will get that) So, what is up next for Pat? John

Congrats to Pat. Given the quality animals I see her taking in the pictures you post, it would be hard to convince me she was ever rattled.

Glad she worked out the confidence issues and took such a nice buck.

That's a beautiful buck. Congrats to Pat and yourself on a quality hunt and animal.

Congratulations to the both of you on a nice buck.Maybe next year you will draw the tag Buzz.Nice photos as well.

Great looking pictures and a beautiful buck to boot.
Congrats

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back