Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Doe gone !!!!

As a fellow Army Vet I am happy you made it and are enjoying your freedoms. But, I will say I can hear a banjo when I look at those porch photos. lol
Well you're close with the banjo, watch this
Love it!!!!! I do come from the mountains of Virginia, thanks for your service also
Well I was going to send you a video of me and one of the bands that I played in says the file is to big I'm a bass guitar player

Had to go out to run errands but my mind came back to your post. It made me chuckle because I would likely be doing something similar to you if circumstances allowed. Instead, where I live, you're reduced to this: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/on-my-own-backyard-adventure-pic-heavy.293595/#post-2901137
Yeah I'm with you, you know I'm from Virginia, and when I 1st moved into the place I'm at now, the 1st 3.5 to 4 years I didn't have a weapon one, they were all still in Virginia, but then I started seeing all these deer, when I moved to South Carolina in 1992 l laughing said ain't no big deer down here, I was wrong, that's when I went back to Virginia and bought a few of my rifles and hand guns, l just started clearing, building all kinds of stuff, I like well l love where I live, it's a lot for me alone to keep up with but I deal with it, but anyway thanks for the thinking a like

WTF? There is so much wrong with this. 223 is plenty effective at that range. Take better shots and chain up your effen dog until you have a real tracking job for it. Allowing an untrained dog to bump a wounded deer is irresponsible and stupid. For all you know there’s a dead deer just outside of the range you and your untrained dog were willing to search. That’s wanton waste.
Arcola, good afternoon to you just wanted to ease your mind a lil bit, as far as my bullet placement goes, the pic I'm sending you is the man I grew up with me and his younger brother were in the 82nd Airborne Division together, this man trained me after the Army, so just wanted to share this with you when you don't know somebody's historyIMG_20231205_153636.jpg

Arcola, good afternoon to you just wanted to ease your mind a lil bit, as far as my bullet placement goes, the pic I'm sending you is the man I grew up with me and his younger brother were in the 82nd Airborne Division together, this man trained me after the Army, so just wanted to share this with you when you don't know somebody's historyView attachment 304852
Tell me your tales southern man…
1701820387851.gif

Yep!! Buzzards on something way in the back unless I walk back there, I looked like a good 300 maybe 400 yds I took some pics to show you all my ( Deer stands) if you want to call my back porch, and front porch that but that's where I kill all my deer from

View attachment 304518
All these pics above are my back porch, all the antlers you see are from 6 years ago till now,this set of pics are off my front porch,View attachment 304533alright now you can get a idea of how my place is set up, I'm a very lucky person to be here and enjoy the rewards

That there is a sweet hunting vehicle! Custom paint job.

Image of I like your style, Dude.

That there is a sweet hunting vehicle! Custom paint job.

Image of I like your style, Dude.
Y'all people are so cool, makes me realize that there still are people left with common sense, and down to earth, love your pic with your dog, Aja, with her last litter, here is the Site,his name is Scout,IMG_20231205_114624.jpgI love all dogs, but these shepherds have made me a lot of money over the years, IMG_20231205_114953.jpg

Absolutely, Carlos Hathcock, gave out 2 white feathers for a award, my friend here was one of the 2, anyway Niel, what one incredible persIMG_20231205_153345.jpgon, he calls me little brother, for a reason, and he is my big brother,

Absolutely, Carlos Hathcock, gave out 2 white feathers for a award, my friend here was one of the 2, anyway Niel, what one incredible persView attachment 304883on, he calls me little brother, for a reason, and he is my big brother,
I read the book “Marine Sniper” about him. Fascinating stories, fascinating guy.

Yes sir he is he used to beat me and Robbie's asses at least once a week growing up, Robbie was his younger brother, my age Niel was 3 years older than us, Niel was a Army Ranger, he tried his best to get us 2 to become Rangers, we said ain't doing that, but we will be Paratroopers so me and Robbie became Airborne soldiers, he has a couple books out, and co author of a few, ( Death from A Far, ) the pic you saw is the cover of the one he is writing now, you stay in touch I will get you one of his books, it's been a while since we have seen each other, he lives in Connecticut, on a 400 acre farm, he bought, after he divorced in Texas

I'm having trouble following this conversation. I'm pretty sure that Carlos Hathcock, the famous Vietnam Marine sniper has been dead for almost 25 years.

IMG_20231205_220622762.jpgYes sir he is he used to beat me and Robbie's asses at least once a week growing up, Robbie was his younger brother, my age Niel wasIMG_20231205_220615001.jpg 3 years older than us, Niel was a Army Ranger, he tried his best to get us 2 to become Rangers, we said ain't doing that, but we will be Paratroopers so me and Robbie became Airborne soldiers, he has a couple books out, and co author of a few, ( Death from A Far, ) the pic you saw is the cover of the one he is writing now, you stay in touch I will get you one of his books, it's been a while since we have seen each other, he lives in Connecticut, on a 400 acre farm, he bought, after he divorced in Texas
I know it's not the greatest pictures but all those are of Niel just wanted you to know that I am for real and I'm not a fake,look at all his medals in the drawing on the lower right of course zoom in

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back