Loud Gun

Barrel length, powder charge, burn rate, pressure all effect blast and noise.

I have a device on a 22 that directs some blast forward. Linear compensator, I think it's called. I bought it for a cheap way to protect the muzzle when scrambling through the woods in the dark. It turns out the blast forwarding does work some. They make them for different calibers

ive been thinking about this a lot lately. ive never worn hearing protection in the field. ive always worried about not having time to get the muffs or plugs in and get a shot. do u guys wear the plugs or muffs all day, or just put it on right before the shot? and what do you use? thanks

ive been thinking about this a lot lately. ive never worn hearing protection in the field. ive always worried about not having time to get the muffs or plugs in and get a shot. do u guys wear the plugs or muffs all day, or just put it on right before the shot? and what do you use? thanks
A slight twist. I now keep suppressor on all the time so I don’t have to worry about the quick off hand shot making my ears ring for days, but I still try to pop in some plugs if I have time even when the can. I am mid-40s and have tinnitus to the point it messes with my hunting. I miss things like distant bugles because of the constant ringing. Take care of your ears, a suppressor is the best way to do that IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back