Ummm, there is a huge difference between deadly weapons and yoga pants.

Idiot remarks like this are super great for your cause though. Makes you look real stupid.

Ummmmm you are dead wrong. Yoga pants have almost killed me way more times than a gun has. Have you ever been anywhere near a college campus? I’ll be looking around then all the sudden I get that felling of being watched. My wife gives me the “I’m gonna kill you” look. Never got that from a “deadly weapon”.

Ummmmm you are dead wrong. Yoga pants have almost killed me way more times than a gun has. Have you ever been anywhere near a college campus? I’ll be looking around then all the sudden I get that felling of being watched. My wife gives me the “I’m gonna kill you” look. Never got that from a “deadly weapon”.
Yep. My wife and I went to one yoga class, and the instructor was wearing some sort of one-piece catsuit. Not sure how she got into it; maybe sprayed on. Clear I wasn't doing that class again.

How long did it take you to find that?

The Google pulls up tons of studies showing states with lax gun laws have more shootings.

Like study after study after study...as if it isnt obvious why Canadians hardly ever shoot each other

Still waiting on an example where open carry caused any of the issues people keep spouting off about on here...

The Google pulls up tons of studies showing states with lax gun laws have more shootings.

Like study after study after study...as if it isnt obvious why Canadians hardly ever shoot each other.
Careful now. Don't attribute our lower per capita gun violence solely to more gun laws. The answer is more complicated. Being a socialized state since the days of Hudsons Bay Company has a lot to do with it. In Canada we have a historic culture of looking after each other. In America the Frontier Ethic essentially reenforces the opposite. As an example: Yesterday, after weeks of public information campaign, the Ontario government's mandatory mask regulation expired. I go to the grocery store and half the people are still wearing them, especially the elderly. I'm sure those who are masked and not elderly are doing it to make the older folks feel less anxious. The spacing markers are gone from the checkout but everyone, masked or not, still kept their distance. Most Canadians just have a thing about public safety. Then there is Alberta ... Anyway, less gun violence is because we simply have less criminal activity per capita. It's not crime free by any means. But it is a helluva lot safer.

Like study after study after study...as if it isnt obvious why Canadians hardly ever shoot each other.

I just realized what you were implying here.

It was on the first page of google results.

I really don't like people who bend facts to fit a desired outcome.

Kiss my...

On the serious side, I CC everyday. I may throw a holster on if I plan on doing some plinking while out and about but I’m not in public. IMO if I take my wife to town for a nice dinner I don’t need the hassle of stirring people up, or having unnecessary conversations about guns. I’m not looking to upset people trying to eat dinner even if I disagree with them. If you wanna open carry I’m all for it. It takes the attention off of me and I won’t be drug into some unwanted conversation or argument.04F96F37-5723-453E-AB3C-8B0AD7AFF20D.jpeg

Lived in two open carry states. Only ever saw someone open carrying in Alaska, and it was almost always clear they were on their way to or from the outdoors and using it as bear protection. Even then rarely saw it.

Never seen it in South Dakota. I know plenty of folks who conceal carry, which IMO is the smarter way to go about it anyway.

As many have mentioned, CC doesn't advertise who has a weapon to the bad guys and also doesn't intimidate folks who are on the fence about gun control.

Heck, I like guns, but I would leave a store if someone was open carrying while giving off vibes. What's the difference between a good guy open carrying and a bad guy open carrying? There isn't a difference that I can tell by just glancing at someone in the supermarket. And to be completely honest, I don't trust even a fraction of the people of this world so I'd just leave and go on my merry way.

The places you would probably actually need to carry (i.e. being Asian, elderly, or female in NYC) you can't anyway.

But, if you want to carry, be stealthy.
Took a trip to Chicago a while ago. My wife said “you can’t carry a gun there.”

Out of anywhere I’ve ever been, places like that are where I’m taking one. That may be the only battle I’ve ever won with my wife. 1-1,347,987.

My summary.

1. Old boy with 3 on the waist must have a real nice butt. I can't keep the pants on this inverted frame of mine, with keys in my pocket, let alone 3 hog legs.

2. To the OP. Not sure if you have to carry open in Texas, but I believe law says you must include Alamo, Travis, Republic in every sentence spoken.

3. Swords are legal for carry. Been watching new Vikings on Netflix. Can I carry an axe?

4. Why do most open carry dudes drive lifted diesels?

5. Open carry doesn't bother me, but I will notice dudes doing it. I do the same for dudes carrying knifes as well. Always seemed dude carrying open, catches the first bullet in any kind of bad action.

Took a trip to Chicago a while ago. My wife said “you can’t carry a gun there.”

Out of anywhere I’ve ever been, places like that are where I’m taking one. That may be the only battle I’ve ever won with my wife. 1-1,347,987.
You know what's sad about that is several years ago went to meetings there several years in a row; admittedly stayed at nice places, but went to baseball games at both stadiums and it seemed pretty safe. Now there are shootings on Magnificent Mile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back