Here is what appears to be a swell Colt Trooper revolver.

TomTeriffic

Classic royal blue finish over steel. 4" barrel. Ideal holster carry size. Ideal sidearm for American hunting for protection. .357 calber for hunting small deer at close range in some cases if you are a handgun hunter. The Trooper has target-style sights. By the slight finish wear on the top of the front sight and on the crown, this gun might have only carried once in a blue moon as a holstered sidearm for outdoors use. It certainly looks too clean to have been a holtered LEO's service revolver.

I've been hankering for a minty classic Colt revolver for a long time, in .357 or 45 ACP/.45 Colt. There are some classic minty Pythons but they are super pricey and many are too clunky for even comfortable holster carry. Look at that nice print on the barrel. Either Colt machine engraved those letters and numbers or the metal was machined after roll-stamping to make the letters and numbers clean and crisp about the edges. Those pre-1980 Colt revolvers and Govt. Model pistols seemed to have had impecable smooth machined metal with the cleanest and neatest markings. I know. I've owned a 1971 Lawman Mark III, a pre-1980 Govt. Model .45 and a pre-1964 Govt. Model .45 over my lifetime. Laser engraving doesn't always produce the cleanest markings. I have had aluminum dog tags (no, not Army dog tags) made in a self-serve CNC machine at a pet store that automatically engraves the letters and numbers on them so I know how neat they can print markings.

There is a guy with auto-bid turned on. I can't seem to beat him bidding on this thing. $950 is as high as I am willing to go. I really don't know what this thing is worth in gun book values.

1678941654867.png

You’re not gonna touch it for $950. Colts especially older ones are high these days. I love the look and the nostalgia of them if you will but my limited budget is why I don’t have any.

Classic royal blue finish over steel. 4" barrel. Ideal holster carry size. Ideal sidearm for American hunting for protection. .357 calber for hunting small deer at close range in some cases if you are a handgun hunter. The Trooper has target-style sights. By the slight finish wear on the top of the front sight and on the crown, this gun might have only carried once in a blue moon as a holstered sidearm for outdoors use. It certainly looks too clean to have been a holtered LEO's service revolver.

I've been hankering for a minty classic Colt revolver for a long time, in .357 or 45 ACP/.45 Colt. There are some classic minty Pythons but they are super pricey and many are too clunky for even comfortable holster carry. Look at that nice print on the barrel. Either Colt machine engraved those letters and numbers or the metal was machined after roll-stamping to make the letters and numbers clean and crisp about the edges. Those pre-1980 Colt revolvers and Govt. Model pistols seemed to have had impecable smooth machined metal with the cleanest and neatest markings. I know. I've owned a 1971 Lawman Mark III, a pre-1980 Govt. Model .45 and a pre-1964 Govt. Model .45 over my lifetime. Laser engraving doesn't always produce the cleanest markings. I have had aluminum dog tags (no, not Army dog tags) made in a self-serve CNC machine at a pet store that automatically engraves the letters and numbers on them so I know how neat they can print markings.

There is a guy with auto-bid turned on. I can't seem to beat him bidding on this thing. $950 is as high as I am willing to go. I really don't know what this thing is worth in gun book values.

View attachment 268646

You have to raise your bar on your budget to match what gun you are trying to buy. Cheap guns are no longer available.

Look for the Colt model “357” it is a nicer gun than the Trooper and you can still find them occasionally. They are sometimes overlooked as they are older Colts and Python smooth…09B206EF-0F41-4787-8E93-36899A06D6E3.jpeg1BE355AC-C8DE-4A7F-AA1B-BABE564FD49B.jpeg

Last edited:
You have to raise your bar on your budget to match what gun you are trying to buy. Cheap guns are no longer available.

Look for the Colt model “357” it is a nicer gun than the Trooper and you can still find them occasionally. They are sometimes overlooked as they are older Colts and Python smooth…
I have one of these. mtmuley

Back