New pistol purchase

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I'm a firearms instructor and a certified Glock armorer. I've fired tens of thousands through various Glock models and calibers.

Off the clock if I'm carrying a gun, it's a Sig P365

I'm admittedly a Glock fanboy but hopefully will be able to share a story shortly about how they really took care of me under warranty when the issue I encountered was very much not their fault.

I'm a firearms instructor and a certified Glock armorer. I've fired tens of thousands through various Glock models and calibers.

Off the clock if I'm carrying a gun, it's a Sig P365
Are you saying this because you like the way it feels in your hand better? Because you shoot it better?

Are you saying this because you like the way it feels in your hand better? Because you shoot it better?
I think is a better built gun than the comparable G43/G43x/G42/G48.

It comes from the factory with features that are Glock upgrades (magazine capacity, night sights). The trigger compared to a Glock is so much better it isn't even funny.

I'm admittedly a Glock fanboy but hopefully will be able to share a story shortly about how they really took care of me under warranty when the issue I encountered was very much not their fault.
I've had good luck getting warranty issues straightened out with them. If an armorer or reputable gunsmith reports the issue to them they take it pretty serious.

They are a little more skeptical when the claims come from the general public as 99% of claims are user error/maintenance issues.

I've had good luck getting warranty issues straightened out with them. If an armorer or reputable gunsmith reports the issue to them they take it pretty serious.

They are a little more skeptical when the claims come from the general public as 99% of claims are user error/maintenance issues.
No doubt. Sigs are great guns— my first handgun was a West German police P6– I just prefer Glocks for reliability, simplicity and fit for me.

No doubt. Sigs are great guns— my first handgun was a West German police P6– I just prefer Glocks for reliability, simplicity and fit for me.
Glocks are excellent firearms. Especially for everyday law enforcement and duty use. Tens of thousands of police officers trust their life to them every day. However, for the purposes of a small frame concealed carry handgun, I think Sig has got them beat at the moment. Their fault comes at plastic magazines that cant hold as many rounds as their metal competitors and junk factory sights.

The longer the Army has had the M17, the more I would take my M9 back. Comfort in the hand is not a good indicator of performance potential.

FWIW, the units in the Army that aren't constrained to the issue pistol carried Glocks over the Beretta, and they definitely haven't switched to the M17....You can be a pistol instructor/armorer/IPSC range commando, I don't care; I take my cues from those guys...

@JLS no MOS??? You messed with the tungsten rods and tuned up springs?

Nope, no MOS. Again, it’s about purpose. Small, simple, low profile but decent magazine capacity.

I have a little bit of experience with both Sig and Glock. JMO, but the difference in triggers for the intended purpose is a moot point. It’s not a match gun.

The Glock trigger safety was a big factor in making my decision. Also, with the Ameriglo sight upgrade you’re still at the same price point as a Sig. Put the orange dot in the middle and press the trigger. Easy peasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, no MOS. Again, it’s about purpose. Small, simple, low profile but decent magazine capacity.

I have a little bit of experience with both Sig and Glock. JMO, but the difference in triggers for the intended purpose is a moot point. It’s not a match gun.

The Glock trigger safety was a big factor in making my decision. Also, with the Ameriglo sight upgrade you’re still at the same price point as a Sig. Put the orange dot in the middle and press the trigger. Easy peasy.

I think I would have made the exact same decision you did, I was just curious if you considered it. An RMR is fun to mess with, but after several thousand rounds through my G19 w/RMR I am still not completely sold. I shoot it fast and accurate, but under stress or in contorted positions sometimes my presentation isn't as flat and finding the dot can be a challenge. It is much easier to catch your front sight post in the periphery to guide the gun up into your line of sight. I also am not a fan of the high profile of suppressor height sights coming out of a holster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back