Caribou Gear

New pistol purchase

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
All other designs I tried, at some point, came with the gun when drawn and left you feeling stupid that you have a drawn gun that is unable to be shot as it is still in its holster.
These clips hold like an alligator. I’m comfortable it won’t come out of my pants.

I don't measure anything off government purchases...lots of failed ideas and $ under the table buying first in line choices. Look at the Sig P320 I mentioned earlier...city cops carry those and now over 100 incidents of discharge.
I have no experience with Taurus. I have lots with Glock and Sig. Whatever you choose, make sure you can run a few hundred rounds through it without a malfunction.

I have no experience with Taurus. I have lots with Glock and Sig. Whatever you choose, make sure you can run a few hundred rounds through it without a malfunction.
The curse of the Ruger LC9 -- tried several different ones - all were jam machines with any hollow point ammo.

I recognize the interstate carry issue but Im sold on the 365 X Macro version, only a little over a half inch difference length and height for a better shooting higher, 5 round higher capacity.

Good call on the Glock. My daily, town carry is a G43 with Taran Tactical +2 mag extensions. Gives me just enough handle to shoot comfortably but still have the flexibility to go with the flush fit 6 round magazines if I need to go ultra-concealed.

Great pic! 43x is a nice shooter for carry.

I enjoy my wife's SIG 365 SAS to the point I *thought she wouldn't want to continue her carry interest and I'd have my sleek Sig.
I know the selection is not based on the Sig 365 SAS version though figured worth sharing the info:

Why I'd go Glock over Sig SAS:

No slide release. You need to rack the slide. They *could have molded a bump out to shield the thumb release.
The sights are really nice though my concern is adapting to/from this unique style of sights and standard sights. Repetition with typical handgun sights is paramount to quick necessity, IMO.

/off topic in the event someone was viewing the 365 and considering the SAS upon view.

Back to OP: Nice choice!

No mention of a Springfield? Only asking because I'm looking for something in this size range and the hellcat had my attention some.

I recognize the interstate carry issue but Im sold on the 365 X Macro version, only a little over a half inch difference length and height for a better shooting higher, 5 round higher capacity.
Basically the same as a G48 size wise. The higher capacity is really of no benefit to me.

No single answer.

No mention of a Springfield? Only asking because I'm looking for something in this size range and the hellcat had my attention some.
No. I previously had an XDS45. It was a nice pistol and I had no issues with it. I wasn’t overly fond of the grip and trigger.

Basically the same as a G48 size wise. The higher capacity is really of no benefit to me.

No single answer.
Shield Arms makes full metal Glock 43/43x/48 mags that are 15 round capacity just in case

Definitely try the Pro if you look at hellcats. Also find what box/combo it comes with. I dont know why but Springfield will sell the hellcat, but one option is just the gun, another is the gun and 5 mags, the other is gun and 5 mags and a duffel bag etc etc. If you see varying price that is probably why.

40D7CCEA-123F-48C7-9F36-64D086AF1845.jpeg

My recent purchase. I carry different guns up until now. I plan on this being the new carry. It’s the X Macro.

Back