Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I was referring to this bigoted joke.

Bigotry.

It starts with jokes to make the "others" feel unwelcome as well as display tolerance for intolerant behavior. It makes others feel comfortable pushing the boundaries.

I'm a plain white straight male so I dont have to worry about being beat up for being gay or transgendered or shot for running in the wrong neighborhood.

Maybe I would see it differently if I was, but I've never needed or felt I needed a gun to protect myself from humans in my 40 years of life.

I missed this in the kerfuffle.

I showed the "bigoted" joke referred to above to one of my best friends, who happens to be a lesbian, and she laughed her butt off after seeing it. She managed to give my phone a good dousing in scotch in the process.

Believe it or not some of us "plain white straight males" actually spend a fair amount of time with folks who don't look, love, pray, or vote like us.

Get over yourself dude.

I missed this in the kerfuffle.

I showed the "bigoted" joke referred to above to one of my best friends, who happens to be a lesbian, and she laughed her butt off after seeing it. She managed to give my phone a good dousing in scotch in the process.

Believe it or not some of us "plain white straight males" actually spend a fair amount of time with folks who don't look, love, pray, or vote like us.

Get over yourself dude.
Thats why those sort of jokes are best kept between close friends and family. Not everyone has the same level of comfort and many people have been harmed both physically and emotionally for being an "other".

Just because one lesbian liked your lesbian joke doesn't mean it wouldn't make another feel unsafe.

Thats why those sort of jokes are best kept between close friends and family. Not everyone has the same level of comfort and many people have been harmed both physically and emotionally for being an "other".

Just because one lesbian liked your lesbian joke doesn't mean it wouldn't make another feel unsafe.
Anybody that gets offended for somebody else over a joke needs to reexamine their life choices.

=Too be fair, there were like 3 lesbians there and they all thought it was hilarious.

Really? Its a bad life choice to be an ally? I'm not sorry for speaking up for people who have reason to fear speaking up for themselves.
One thing I have found is most of the "other" as you say, which I find kind of strange, why put them in that box...but that is another story, well they don't want anyone's sympathy and aren't looking for a great straight white hero to defend them.

I got myself in the situation as a young man in elementary school where a lot of my friends were not straight white males. I did this by being absolutely oblivious to the taboo of hanging out with the black kids, Hispanics, and other folks that were not the same as me on the playground just as quickly as I would the white kids. Well, here in the crotch of the bible belt back in those days and adding in the fact that my family weren't churchgoers, that meant that besides a few outliers those were the only folks that would hang out with me as I got older.

All that said to say, all of my many friends that don't fit into your " straight white male" box, ( I do despise boxes) think that all of us straight white folks and our virtue signaling is pretty darn sad and pathetic.

But carry on if it makes you feel better I guess, but just know the only people that appreciate it from my experience are other straight white folks.

Last edited:
Careful now. Don't attribute our lower per capita gun violence solely to more gun laws. The answer is more complicated. Being a socialized state since the days of Hudsons Bay Company has a lot to do with it. In Canada we have a historic culture of looking after each other. In America the Frontier Ethic essentially reenforces the opposite. As an example: Yesterday, after weeks of public information campaign, the Ontario government's mandatory mask regulation expired. I go to the grocery store and half the people are still wearing them, especially the elderly. I'm sure those who are masked and not elderly are doing it to make the older folks feel less anxious. The spacing markers are gone from the checkout but everyone, masked or not, still kept their distance. Most Canadians just have a thing about public safety. Then there is Alberta ... Anyway, less gun violence is because we simply have less criminal activity per capita. It's not crime free by any means. But it is a helluva lot safer.
By the same token, you could say that maybe Canadians are less intelligent, since the idea that cloth masks and social distancing prevent the spread of Covid has been much pretty debunked all over the world, and I'm sure you are aware of the recent meta analysis showing that lockdowns did nothing.

However, to my knowledge, neither my personal experience (I used to fish in Alberta a lot), nor any studies that I know of show any intelligence deficiencies in our fine neighbors to the North.

There's rarely a single variable to explain differences in crime.

Really? Its a bad life choice to be an ally? I'm not sorry for speaking up for people who have reason to fear speaking up for themselves.
Wow, it's been a LONG time since the LQBTQ crowd feared speaking out. It's the straight people who will get cancelled if they speak out against, say, 5 years olds picking their gender. Actually, I thought the woman was probably a grandmother who had been mugged before when I saw the picture.

Wow, it's been a LONG time since the LQBTQ crowd feared speaking out. It's the straight people who will get cancelled if they speak out against, say, 5 years olds picking their gender. Actually, I thought the woman was probably a grandmother who had been mugged before when I saw the picture.
Really? You're saying there is no more violence against Lgbtq people anymore? Less than a year ago a 19 year old was killed for being gay in my home town.

A few years ago where I live now a kid was fired from his summer job at a summer camp for quietly being gay.

I've never heard of straight people being fired or killed for being straight.

As for five year olds and their genders, I believe that belongs with the kids parents and medical professionals since there are a whole slew of x and y chromosome changes that can make all sorts of things happen, like babies being born penises and ovaries, only you dont see ovaries so... ? and Im no doctor or scientist and I don't really understand any of that so I just say none of my business and treat the kid like another kid.

Shouldn't parents and a kids doctor decide how to handle that stuff? Should they have to disclose the kids exact medical history to you?

So yeah. If someone lost their job for not treating a child empatheticly or refusing to honor a kids parents and doctors wishes, i don't give a f, "cancel them".

I havent hear of anyone being assaulted over how they treat trans children, though. Only trans children being assaulted.

Last edited:
=Too be fair, there were like 3 lesbians there and they all thought it was hilarious.

One thing I have found is most of the "other" as you say, which I find kind of strange, why put them in that box...but that is another story, well they don't want anyone's sympathy and aren't looking for a great straight white hero to defend them.

I got myself in the situation as a young man in elementary school where a lot of my friends were not straight white males. I did this by being absolutely oblivious to the taboo of hanging out with the black kids, Hispanics, and other folks that were not the same as me on the playground just as quickly as I would the white kids. Well, here in the crotch of the bible belt back in those days and adding in the fact that my family weren't churchgoers, that meant that besides a few outliers those were the only folks that would hang out with me as I got older.

All that said to say, all of my many friends that don't fit into your " straight white male" box, ( I do despise boxes) think that all of us straight white folks and our virtue signaling is pretty darn sad and pathetic.

But carry on if it makes you feel better I guess, but just know the only people that appreciate it from my experience are other straight white folks.
Just keep telling yourself that. Why don't you ask whole communities of poc and lgbtq people if they feel comfortable among "conservative white males"and entering space dominated by them. A few are. Many aren't.

Your three friends don't represent a whole community and how you joke among friends is not how you would make people feel comfortable entering a public space they do not feel safe in.

not sure if i should post the video again, or if twice would be overkill? where i live is an open carry state, not sure the last time i saw someone doing that. i feel if someone is open carrying, and it makes you feel uncomfortable, leave (as many people have said above). now, carry on!

Just keep telling yourself that. Why don't you ask whole communities of poc and lgbtq people if they feel comfortable among "conservative white males"and entering space dominated by them. A few are. Many aren't.

Your three friends don't represent a whole community and how you joke among friends is not how you would make people feel comfortable entering a public space they do not feel safe in.
You don't represent that community either. Just stop.

Your three friends don't represent a whole community

Yup that is all three of them lol.

I have really got to get better at keeping my pie hole shut. Been a problem of mine for years. I just don't know when to not engage...

Keep doing you sir.

Back