We all have experience with a small, non-representative, minority of a thousand different "communities" which we don't represent. I could point to my mixed race family members, my minority spouse (woman and Latina, double points!), my further mixed race children, or my engaged, gay sibling (the wedding of which I'll attend in November), but to insinuate that I can speak for those larger communities as a whole is nonsense.

As a matter of fact, to assume that any of the above "groups" thinks cohesively is bigotry in and of itself. I can tell you for certain that my wife holds significantly different opinions on any number of topics compared to even her family let alone the larger Latin/Hispanic American "community."

How about we defend our friends and loved ones from situations in which he/she/they feel uncomfortable or scared and leave the larger "community" to speak for themselves? At least that is something we have some relative control over, unlike assuming offense or weakness on behalf of people you don't even personally known.

Besides, insinuating that my gay, Navy veteran, pistol toting, big game hunting, bada** sister is scared or uncomfortable entering anywhere because she's gay is about as stupid a thing as I ever heard.

We all have experience with a small, non-representative, minority of a thousand different "communities" which we don't represent. I could point to my mixed race family members, my minority spouse (woman and Latina, double points!), my further mixed race children, or my engaged, gay sibling (the wedding of which I'll attend in November), but to insinuate that I can speak for those larger communities as a whole is nonsense.

As a matter of fact, to assume that any of the above "groups" thinks cohesively is bigotry in and of itself. I can tell you for certain that my wife holds significantly different opinions on any number of topics compared to even her family let alone the larger Latin/Hispanic American "community."

How about we defend our friends and loved ones from situations in which he/she/they feel uncomfortable or scared and leave the larger "community" to speak for themselves? At least that is something we have some relative control over, unlike assuming offense or weakness on behalf of people you don't even personally known.

Besides, insinuating that my gay, Navy veteran, pistol toting, big game hunting, bada** sister is scared or uncomfortable entering anywhere because she's gay is about as stupid a thing as I ever heard.

Your sister absolutely may not be uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean others aren't.

That's the point. Don't joke about peoples races, sexuality, disability, gender.

The basic filter is did they choose it? No? Then leave it alone.

People often "go along" with things that make them uncomfortable because they aren't comfortable speaking up, too.

So just dont make those jokes in the public sphere if you care about welcoming diversity.

Your sister absolutely may not be uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean others aren't.

That's the point. Don't joke about peoples races, sexuality, disability, gender.

People often "go along" with things that make them uncomfortable because they aren't comfortable speaking up, too.

So just dont make those jokes in the public sphere if you care about welcoming diversity.
You've missed my point. I know my sister. I love my sister. I have a pretty solid feel on her thoughts on the subject. She's the only one I spoke for in any way.

You continue to try and speak on behalf of strangers, using assumptions you've gleaned from a distance. You can't possibly know whether you are right or wrong.

I tried y'all. Adding another one to the "don't waste my time reading" list.

I don't open carry, but TN has it as an option if you get a license that requires more training and class time. I'm thinking of getting the license just so I don't have to stress about printing or accidentally showing my weapon while trying to conceal. Some of my clothes are tighter than they were before Covid and that makes things difficult lol.

I don't open carry, but TN has it as an option if you get a license that requires more training and class time. I'm thinking of getting the license just so I don't have to stress about printing or accidentally showing my weapon while trying to conceal. Some of my clothes are tighter than they were before Covid and that makes things difficult lol.
how many states require a certification to open carry? i only own one pistol and don't even have a holster for it. my dad didn't have any while growing up, so not super familiar with open carry/conceal carry laws.

You've missed my point. I know my sister. I love my sister. I have a pretty solid feel on her thoughts on the subject. She's the only one I spoke for in any way.

You continue to try and speak on behalf of strangers, using assumptions you've gleaned from a distance. You can't possibly know whether you are right or wrong.

I tried y'all. Adding another one to the "don't waste my time reading" list.

Umm, several people have talked about how jokes about their gender, their sexuality and their race have harmed them. They've spoken publicly about it as well as privately to me about it.

But carry on defending your white man privilege.

Last edited:
A lot of people open carry around here. Sometimes I am sure it is a case where someone has a gun on their hip for some outdoor activity then decides they need to make a quick stop at a store and don't want to leave it in the car. Otherwise, I assume the person with the gun is trying to make some kind of political statement. I don't usually think much about it one way or another but there was this one guy. I just pulled into the Walmart parking lot and saw a guy get out of his car and put a rather large pistol in his back pocket. The first thing I thought was that the gun will probably fall out on the ground and that aint good. Then I thought that pretty much everyone who normally open carries has a holster. So, this guy doesn't normally carry a gun into a store and that means he has some specific reason to be taking the gun into the store. I decided to do my shopping some place else.

A guy told me a story once about walking out of a gun store in Bzn with a pistol he had bought. When he got out on the sidewalk he stuck it in his belt in front and covered it with his clothes. He had a cc permit.. He got in his truck and a few blocks later he was laying face down in a gas station parking lot with a cop standing between his shoulder blades. He told the story like he was a victim.

Edited to remove insensitive inbred reference.

Last edited:
A guy told me a story once about walking out of a gun store in Bzn with a pistol he had bought. When he got out on the sidewalk he stuck it in his belt in front and covered it with his clothes. He had a cc permit.. He got in his truck and a few blocks later he was laying face down in a gas station parking lot with a cop standing between his shoulder blades. He told the story like he was a victim.
I thought, maybe a victim of inbreeding.
Always wondered how one could be comfortable carrying like that.

Loaded, unloaded, firing pin removed, whatever, I don't want a firearm pointed there.

new to the internet are we?

Neither do you. You just spot making jokes about marginalized people.
The difference is you're the only one trying to speak for a whole group of people that you aren't a part of, as if they all feel a certain way in the first place. You talk about bigotry and don't even see your hypocrisy. It would also seem that you chose to use your IQ in your username as that's the only way you could come to the conclusion that the joke that was posted was insulting to lesbians.

The next person who continues a discussion about anything not related to how people carry a handgun legally in a state with open carry, I'm gonna report. I didn't start this to talk about sexual orientation or gender or ethnicity.

It was a lighthearted look at people doing what they want where it's legal and how we judge them.

The next person who continues a discussion about anything not related to how people carry a handgun legally in a state with open carry, I'm gonna report. I didn't start this to talk about sexual orientation or gender or ethnicity.

It was a lighthearted look at people doing what they want where it's legal and how we judge them.
I have never seen anyone ever open carry is WA, either side of the mountains, and I doubt I'll ever open carry myself.

...but if I did, it'd damn sure be a revolver, old, with pearl grips, because if you're going to make a scene make it a good one.

I have never seen anyone ever open carry is WA, either side of the mountains, and I doubt I'll ever open carry myself.

...but if I did, it'd damn sure be a revolver, old, with pearl grips, because if you're going to make a scene make it a good one.
I like your style.

I'd carry my Ruger Vaquero and change the grips to mammoth ivory though

Back