South Central MO here. I see open carry occasionally. Like @JLS said most have sorry holsters and no situational awareness.
I personally don't carry, for my own reasons, however, I am not all that bothered by firearms. I do keep an eye on the folks described above, for same reasons that I keep an eye on the beat up car with a donut spare and only one headlight when I'm going down the road.

Kind of like putting on a fancy watch or piece of jewelry.
Is it a part of culture in certain parts of the country?
Is there such thing as a “dress pistol”?

Not that I have seen. Every open carry pistol I have seen around here in recent memory looked like a beat up old truck gun carried by someone who looked like they knew how to use it.

Thought about this while eating supper and got curious:

Does anyone know of an instance where there was an accident or mishap of any kind involving someone that was legally open carrying in public?

A who is the good guy and who is the bad guy situation? Accidental shooting? Gun taken and used against the person open carrying? Anything of that sort?

I did a google search and didn't come up with anything.

I did find this article from here at home:

Baton Rouge police shooting brings renewed attention to Louisiana's 'open carry' rights

Does anyone know of an instance where there was an accident or mishap of any kind involving someone that was legally open carrying in public?

A who is the good guy and who is the bad guy situation? Accidental shooting? Gun taken and used against the person open carrying? Anything of that sort?

Saw this on world star

Mother shot dead in Rathdrum, Idaho Walmart by her two year old son who took the loaded handgun out of her purse while sitting in the shopping cart. I seem to recall the incident happened a few weeks before those two Bundyite nut jobs killed the cops in Nevada Pizza shop and then shot and killed the concealed carry wannabe vigilante in the next door Walmart.

Mother shot dead in Rathdrum, Idaho Walmart by her two year old son who took the loaded handgun out of her purse while sitting in the shopping cart. I seem to recall the incident happened a few weeks before those two Bundyite nut jobs killed the cops in Nevada Pizza shop and then shot and killed the concealed carry wannabe vigilante in the next door Walmart.
Oh Canada...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmor19534
Back