Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Open carry in my state if you want and I have only seen it once. Little man got out of a lifted 4x4 with his family, had a gun on and some gay badge thing on his belt, and no, he was and officer. Open carry just makes you a target IMO. By the size of the dude in this picture, doubt anyone would even mess with him...just wants attention. People like this don't help the cause, they just make it worse IMO.

Didn’t want to get mugged for my cough drops. You live in town or passing through? Seems like people are always trying to take my picture. You didn’t catch the 444 kasul on my ankle. If I had known you were in town I woulda had you over for some bbq and some episodes of gunsmoke

Last edited:
People like this don't help the cause, they just make it worse IMO.
Agree. Presently with so many on the fence with regard to the gun control issue(s), to openly and flagrantly throw the issue in their face by the intimidation of open-carry in inappropriate places and with an apparent threatening posture (whether self aware or not), it contradicts the support of 2A. It becomes "worse" because the conspicuously armed person pushes citizens (voters) off the fence toward more gun control ... without any inkling of what has just happened.

I see nothing wrong with it, but I wonder statistically how much more likely he is of being shot via accidental discharge than he is of actually being in a gun fight?

Agree. Presently with so many on the fence with regard to the gun control issue(s), to openly and flagrantly throw the issue in their face by the intimidation of open-carry in inappropriate places and with an apparent threatening posture (whether self aware or not), it contradicts the support of 2A. It becomes "worse" because the conspicuously armed person pushes citizens (voters) off the fence toward more gun control ... without any inkling of what has just happened.
Yep. If it's at all controversial in your town I think it indeed hurts the 2A cause in general.
So many of the Anti's in a crowded theater or Costco have no idea there are good guys with guns just blending into the crowd.

Open carry here is allowed here and it happens just enough to make it to where when I see someone with a pistol on their side in public I don't think anything of it.

The only time I open carry is if I just happen to have the pistol on my side anyway, like running in the grocery store or gas station on the way home from the woods or whatever. I have never gotten a comment or as much as a strange look that I can remember off the top of my head.

I don't don't really get why people would be uncomfortable around someone open carrying, but I grew up with a firearm in my hand and in the hands of everyone around me and I realize that a lot of people didn't.

Why firearm safety is not taught in high school is mind boggling to me.

Anyway, walk around openly strapped or don't, if Texas is anything like Louisiana no one cares.

WTF - If you feel the need to carry 3 handguns at one time to go to the grocery store you are living in the wrong neighborhood.
Agreed.

If you feel YOU CAN'T carry 3 handguns openly at one time to go to the grocery store if you freak'n well feel like it, because it would hurt your neighbors feelings, then you need to do it more often.

Agreed.

If you feel YOU CAN'T carry 3 handguns openly at one time to go to the grocery store if you freak'n well feel like it, because it would hurt your neighbors feelings, then you need to do it more often.
Not so much worried about hurt feelings as propaganda for people who want to make it illegal.
Similar to driving around town with a bloody, dead deer on the hood of your car or posting videos of a gut shot animal suffering from a hunter's poor shot. It simply does not help the cause you may support.
Optics matter, whether you like it or not. Taunting those that disagree with you may feel good, but usually does not garner support on a divided issue.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back