MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

No, but really. Joking aside. You rarely see anybody carrying in public, and when you do they generally look like they just came in from hauling firewood or something. I don't remember ever seeing someone carrying open like that, in a big showy way, in which it would appear the whole point was to show everyone else he's awesome because he's carrying.

Hope I don't get banned for this but I have always thought this was too funny on the open carry discussion topic.

8012e5f0-efea-43cc-860d-d2997e131a17.jpg

Local bbq place used to give an open carry discount. Only person I ever saw taking advantage of it was someone I knew had been charged with a felony (later plead down to a misdemeanor) a couple months earlier.

Yeah, if I weren't plain white and male I might feel differently about carrying. There are lots of bigots that are willing to harm others. Starts with "jokes"...

Judge much?

I mean I think people in general are idiots. I just don’t like saying it much. The whole pot and kettle thing. I am a people too and I ain’t particularly special.
Yeah. Most people are idiots. When they are displaying a deadly weapon in an inappropriate place i figure they are extra idiotic and I try to stay away from them from then on out.

To me, they have displayed poor judgement.

I use good my good judgment to avoid them.

Yeah. Most people are idiots. When they are displaying a deadly weapon in an inappropriate place i figure they are extra idiotic and I try to stay away from them from then on out.

To me, they have displayed poor judgement.

I use good my good judgment to avoid them.
And you get decide what is appropriate despite the law?

Don’t answer on my account.

Have a nice day sir.

Come back, you are breaking up….
I was referring to this bigoted joke.

Hope I don't get banned for this but I have always thought this was too funny on the open carry discussion topic.

8012e5f0-efea-43cc-860d-d2997e131a17.jpg
Bigotry.

It starts with jokes to make the "others" feel unwelcome as well as display tolerance for intolerant behavior. It makes others feel comfortable pushing the boundaries.

I'm a plain white straight male so I dont have to worry about being beat up for being gay or transgendered or shot for running in the wrong neighborhood.

Maybe I would see it differently if I was, but I've never needed or felt I needed a gun to protect myself from humans in my 40 years of life.

Local bbq place used to give an open carry discount. Only person I ever saw taking advantage of it was someone I knew had been charged with a felony (later plead down to a misdemeanor) a couple months earlier.
Depending on the discount, if lil porgys started doing this I might be able to find a spot under my backseat for my pistol and holster.

Open carry here and I see it often.
Lucky for me I don't talk to many folks. I hate disappointment. Usually not disappointed too. LOL

I always have a pistol and rarely wear it.

But you do not decide the law, or what makes others feel is inappropriate or makes them uncomfortable. mtmuley
No. But this thread was started asking about people who live in open carry states and what they see and feel.

That's how I feel.

I never said I confront them or harm them.

I said I think they are using poor judgement and I avoid them. And they are likely idiots.

You can certainly feel differently.

No, but really. Joking aside. You rarely see anybody carrying in public, and when you do they generally look like they just came in from hauling firewood or something. I don't remember ever seeing someone carrying open like that, in a big showy way, in which it would appear the whole point was to show everyone else he's awesome because he's carrying.
I think for some the open carry gun is more about the fashion statement than protection.

Speaking of which. How about yoga pants and sports bras with built in holsters. I think it might be a turn on seeing women conceal carry in tight clothes. Victoria's not so secret sort of concealed carry line, lol.

I think for some the open carry gun is more about the fashion statement than protection.
Which is exactly why I brought up Winco Chad. He has made himself a potential target. He had a shitty holster, and shitty self awareness.

I do firmly believe if you’re going to open carry it comes with an unwritten expectation you are not exposing others around you to greater risk because of your lack of awareness.

I’m willing to bet a civil court would agree.

Back