Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

U.S. Debt Ceiling. 31.4 Trillion!

my in laws house is worth like 2-2.5 mill now and fully paid off (paid like 650 for it :oops:). they flat out told the kids that no one will inherit that house. rather, they'll use it to pay for their dying days of assisted living.

i suspect a lot of boomers carry that mentality.
And I would suspect that euthanasia will be a hot topic 15-20 years from now for that reason. Nobody easier to steal from than a dead guy. Always has been true always will be.

I bet it wasn't anywhere near 45 MM when the original family sold it. Of coarse back then inheritance tax was much more brutal.

None of the places you listed would provide much of living to a person actually working the land.

After looking at the last one more closely, I would say that a single family would be okay, but it would be a lot of work and you sure wouldn't get rich.
Now that was just un-called for, interjecting reality over jealousy. Do you not understand that under every public hunters exterior is a tender young private land hunter just wishing he had more money and some purple paint?

Little secret for you. Power and money are the same thing.
simply not true, you can be very wealthy but if you do not pursue power you will have none, same the other way. Does not very often work that way but that is just cause humans desire both so frequently.

Unfortunate but true. The thought is incredibly morbid, but maybe we should emphasize more quality-of-life versus quantity-of-life discussions from doctors, make euthanasia legal (some states it is), financial incentives to people who sign DNRs after a certain age. All topics no one wants to talk about, but screaming "They will have Death Squads!" in a political debate sure gains points, in Florida for sure.
My biggest concern with global warming is that we will have insufficient ice flows to place our elderly on when the cost of aging boomers really hits. ;)

"Fair" is where they put a ribbon on a pig.
Fair is where the strong protect the weak, the wealthy protect the poor, and the healthy protect the sick. Unfortunately you can't legislate morality or charity. And if you could, it is no longer morality or charity.

Or ultimate problem is the human condition which is inherently selfish and short sighted. People are capable of good, selflessness, and compassion. But I do not think it is our default setting.

Fair is where the strong protect the weak, the wealthy protect the poor, and the healthy protect the sick. Unfortunately you can't legislate morality or charity. And if you could, it is no longer morality or charity.

Or ultimate problem is the human condition which is inherently selfish and short sighted. People are capable of good, selflessness, and compassion. But I do not think it is our default setting.
I agree. It is about solid, thoughtful, empathetic social and economic policy. Any given item may or may not “be fair” in the light of individual circumstances, but still could be good public policy.

What 'can'? Literally, what is your 'can'? What do you want or think should be the ultimate goal?
Ultimate goal:
A Nation debt free.

Reality? Congress (Elected representatives = voters = you and I) Can kicked = Ignore root issue another two years.

What can? Seriously?

Do you not like your team allegorically included?
What 'can'? Literally, what is your 'can'? What do you want or think should be the ultimate goal?
My ‘can’ happens to be fine….but you might wanna take that bug out of yours.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back