Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Toyota Tacoma TRD, etc...Seller's Market!

Sytes

In the market at the wrong time...

I have a Jeep Gladiator and like it, but...

Well here's the deal. I dig '21/'22 TRD Off Road loaded and the TRD Pro. The Pro is pretty bad arse!
Problem: It's a sellers market! Dealers are in hog heaven!

What used to be $2-3k below "MSRP" (+incentives) is now $2.5-10k OVER!
That's not just Toyota though that was my interest today.
Just finished yammering with the Toyota dealership over a '21 Pro as I the first appointment (he called knowing I was in the market) $53k!
Took it for a test drive and - it's pretty flippin cool!
Shared: Buy a '21 TRD Pro 3 months before 2022 at the exact same price I can buy a '22?
Offered him MSRP price and he said another appointments lined up to check it out, pending my interest and said, "No can do".
I believe him. Tell you what... whoever bought that Pro better take it to get steam cleaned! My drool is all over that truck. Damn, I'm bummed! It's 12-20wks for a build to ship...

One downside to note: All Tacomas, beginning 2022 are manufactured in Mexico. Some have been with most in the U.S. though no mas.

Amazing!

Edit: it's a double cab though not sure where the rear seated person places his/her legs and not the most boisterous of motors but... still pretty bad arse!

You might be surprised what you can get for your gladiator. Used car values are thru the roof. My daughter has an infiniti g37s convertible and paid $12k for it about 2 years ago. Dealer called about 3 months ago and offered $18k. Bluebook on the car is now $20k to $22k. Chip shortage is causing all kinds of crazy. I just read that GM hasnt been able to build 800,000 cars as of sept 1 due to chip issue.

In the market at the wrong time...

I have a Jeep Gladiator and like it, but...

Well here's the deal. I dig '21/'22 TRD Off Road loaded and the TRD Pro. The Pro is pretty bad arse!
Problem: It's a sellers market! Dealers are in hog heaven!

What used to be $2-3k below "MSRP" (+incentives) is now $2.5-10k OVER!
That's not just Toyota though that was my interest today.
Just finished yammering with the Toyota dealership over a '21 Pro as I the first appointment (he called knowing I was in the market) $53k!
Took it for a test drive and - it's pretty flippin cool!
Shared: Buy a '21 TRD Pro 3 months before 2022 at the exact same price I can buy a '22?
Offered him MSRP price and he said another appointments lined up to check it out, pending my interest and said, "No can do".
I believe him. Tell you what... whoever bought that Pro better take it to get steam cleaned! My drool is all over that truck. Damn, I'm bummed! It's 12-20wks for a build to ship...

One downside to note: All Tacomas, beginning 2022 are manufactured in Mexico. Some have been with most in the U.S. though no mas.

Amazing!

Edit: it's a double cab though not sure where the rear seated person places his/her legs and not the most boisterous of motors but... still pretty bad arse!
TRD Pro I have fell in love with. Thinking I need a truck again though.

My brother just got 9,000 dollars trade in for his 16 year old prerunner (2wd) with over 200,000 miles and beat to hell. Crazy. As far as 3rd gen Tacomas, I would recommend an extended test drive that includes lots of hills. I have a 2017 double cab and a 2021 access cab. I like both, but the transmission shift patterns are a little off. Both seem to search for gears. This drives some people nuts. Otherwise, great trucks.

There’s going to be a lot of buyer’s remorse with people paying these prices. There are hundreds of thousands of nearly complete cars and trucks parked just waiting for chips. The market will be flooded and crash.
I predict a lot of people walking away from loans once that happens. It is sad that banks are willing to finance this insanity.

I’ve got a 2012 Tacoma TRD that I’m about to sell. It’s in excellent condition with only 83,000 miles. I just need to figure out what to ask.

You are correct, the market on used trucks is stupid. Just for giggles, I looked at used Tundras on CarGuru the other day. Using search parameters of 2008-2015, under 85k miles, the STARTING price was $28k. For reference, I bought my 2008 with 80k on it for $18k a year and a half ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m getting emails from the dealer to buy my 2018 trd back and it appears the trade value is near or more than I paid new. If I had a spare truck I’d probably cash in right now…

Not my monkey, and not my circus, but there's no way in H that I'd be buying a new vehicle right now with the way things are lining up with supply.

I just can't bring myself to pay what these new trucks are going for. Most optioned 3/4 ton trucks are MSRP-ing for more than it cost me to build my home ten years ago.

Maybe I'm just a miserable old man, but I'm guessing that they'll be a ton of good used deals when everyone realizes they can't pay for all these new toys and have to get out from under them.

With that being said, If I was to buy new it would be the 22' Tundra TRD.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back