Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Polaris UTV negotiation

That has not been my experience. There are tons and tons of Polaris Rangers with 8,000++ miles on them. My dad is a trail rider and belongs to a group. They have tried them all and they all go back to Polaris. There are many in the group with way over 10,000 miles on them. To each their own, but a Ranger with 5,000 miles on it has a ton of life left as evidenced by the pretty penny they fetch when they are sold.

I've had a Polaris Ranger and currently have a Polaris Rzr. Happy with both of them. The spec on the Honda's that I just have a hard time getting over is their suspension travel. On the Honda Pioneer 520 it's like 5" of travel compared to around 10" on a Polaris Ranger 570. It just seems to me that must correlate to a much bumpier ride.

I've had Yamaha ATVs and prefer those over Polaris ATVs.

The days of negotiating a price have seen to go away but slowly coming back. Most likely many won't budge on price because there are people in line that will pay that price. I would try to negotiate for service work like oil changes or something to that effect. Off topic a few weeks back i saw a video about Ram trucks being way over supplied now. The guy somehow got the info on how long it took a dealership to sell one in terms of days. The one big dealer in texas had over a years' worth of Rams on the lot based on the number of days it takes to sell one. Ironically enough last week i heard our local dealership advertising new Ram Big Horns for 49k. So maybe the old ways of negotiating will be back!

Keep looking and look farther away. I just bought a new truck, local dealer started at MSRP and then there were some company rebates and incentives. 3 other dealers did the same. Started looking farther away and saved 5,000 bucks by doing so. And I did the same with my old (2018) truck. There are dealers who will play ball. I see lots of side by sides at my local dealers lot now, didn't buy my Polaris from him either.

I've never shopped for one, but if he won't come down on the price, maybe get him to give you an extended warranty and/or a free service contract (oil changes etc for 5 years).
Both will be handy if you buy a Polaris.

Honda is vastly more durable.

If you are willing to travel to save a few thousand bucks, check w dealers in other states. Or the used market in lower demand areas, though that is still grossly inflated.

Top of the line boots can be had for under $400. Trekking poles and wool socks options, maybe footbeds, add $60.

Last edited:
serious question for all you guys with SxS's

would you be able to enjoy your hunting and your outdoors activities the same without one? or is it an integral and necessary component of your hobbies?

i feel like i'm surprised how many of you have them. i basically know zero people personally who hunt that have OHVs except for some ranchers i know.

i just can't in a million years ever seeing myself thinking they're worth the money, my hypothetical presidential/dictatorship candidacy also promises to shut down forest service roads and OHV use if i win.

i could see myself with one if end up with a big ol property. i feel like more people actually have SxS's east of the mississippi than west too...

i dunno

Love my Ranger (2020). It has been flawless. My dad has a 2022 and loves his as well. Good choice.

I have a local, small town dealer that I use that is as good of a guy as there is. I will not go anywhere else with my business because of how he has treated us over the years. If you are interested in talking to him, PM me. He will be roughly a 2 hour drive for you.
Which direction? This will live up on North Shore so if around Duluth that would be perfect.

LOL. I have been waiting for 9 months for mine to come in. There is virtually no room these days because Polaris is so far behind.

I also ask for a 1 time discount in the parts/accessories. then get all the crap you need then. Dont pay freight or set up fees. that's on the dealer.

Cars are the same way just no room. Anything not paying over MSRP is good these days.

I purchased an ATV a few years ago pre Covid from Honda East Toledo. They quoted me an out the door price by email and they do not charge any dealer prep or destination fees. This alone makes a big difference in price and I also bout a brand new year old model and they were dealing on those as then newer models were on the floor. This dealership sells everything but Harley so they are huge and move a lot of machines. The pic is a screen shot of what you are looking at buying. They have a bunch more but I didn’t go through all of them.

IMG_2286.jpeg

As for Honda. I appreciate their reputation and did check them out. But availability sucked, pricing wasn't great, a lot of their unique features weren't what I needed. This is a weekend groundskeeping/trail management work vehicle, not a trail rider or out-west hunting thing. It will live its whole life on my 72 acres of flat woodlands so I will be shocked if it hits 1,000 miles in 10 years. But if I was going to put 10,000 miles on it and was more trail riding oriented I did like the 1000-5.

Cars are the same way just no room. Anything not paying over MSRP is good these days.

That isn't my experience recently. I spent way too long shopping for my new truck and dealt with dozens of dealerships. They keep feeding that same line, hoping people are still buying their BS. But then when you walk away they call back a week later asking if you'd do 10% off msrp.

Do your homework, vehicles are sitting on lots for a long time right now and dealerships are sweating.

That isn't my experience recently. I spent way too long shopping for my new truck and dealt with dozens of dealerships. They keep feeding that same line, hoping people are still buying their BS. But then when you walk away they call back a week later asking if you'd do 10% off msrp.

Do your homework, vehicles are sitting on lots for a long time right now and dealerships are sweating.
Yep, the video i watched said the same thing. My guess we will be seeing more incentives on vehicles as these cars and trucks sit on the lots.

serious question for all you guys with SxS's

would you be able to enjoy your hunting and your outdoors activities the same without one? or is it an integral and necessary component of your hobbies?

i feel like i'm surprised how many of you have them. i basically know zero people personally who hunt that have OHVs except for some ranchers i know.

i just can't in a million years ever seeing myself thinking they're worth the money, my hypothetical presidential/dictatorship candidacy also promises to shut down forest service roads and OHV use if i win.

i could see myself with one if end up with a big ol property. i feel like more people actually have SxS's east of the mississippi than west too...

i dunno
Mine is used more for working around the cabin and general exploring. I do use it for hunting as well, since many of the two tracks I use go thru patches of trees that would wreak havoc on my truck. Ask me how I know…

Black swan flu event psychosis Randy. In some cases we are seeing longtime strong local dealerships cashing out, gobbled up by much larger d'ships whose centralized biz model is rigid with existing employees (read pay cuts) and loyal customers (miniscule discounts)...grocery stores same. Insurance and property taxes skyrocketing...etc.

Let's hope supply and demand can mitigate for the customer but the long game looks formidible.

Last edited:
As long as these asses keep making inventory hard to get, with all the fake reasons, and all of ya'll keep buying stuff at or over msrp, this will never change. It's sad...Good luck.

Back