Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Polaris has new Sheriff in town

Curious what that winch is rated at where and how it’s mounted. In the pics it looks like it prone to just bending that bracket down verses pulling something up to it.

Do the doors seal well enough to keep the dust out? Previous versions were lackluster at keeping anything out.

Nice looking ride, we are seeing them more and more as they are getting road legal here.
The winch is rated at 1000. Not huge but enough for a critter. Its mounted to the rear headache rack. Seems pretty steady. I have not driven in but all the reviews says it keeps dust out. My 2015 ranger 900 does not. I have to take the windshields out in summer or the entire cab fills up. I can say that the new one the doors are like an automotive door and seal tight. I could not feel any cold air coming in at all.

Interior pics, please
Well its at my cabin so i can t right now. There are some great you tube videos on it. Its more truck like. I haven spent too much time with all the ride command stuff but t has some nice features. The flip down center console is nice with the phone holder. Has a cool phone holder in the dash also.

The winch is rated at 1000. Not huge but enough for a critter.
IDK about that. I used a 2500lbs one for my moose to get it into the bed. It dressed at 410 so maybe 525 pulling up the ramp. It struggled quite a bit at 1/5th capacity. At 1000 I would bet deer would be fine but an elk is going to be questionable.

IDK about that. I used a 2500lbs one for my moose to get it into the bed. It dressed at 410 so maybe 525 pulling up the ramp. It struggled quite a bit at 1/5th capacity. At 1000 I would bet deer would be fine but an elk is going to be questionable.
I agree. Deer fine. maybe a cow but a big bull would need help.

Wait until you need to buy oil, parts, or cut a spare key and find out literally everything is completely proprietary.

I have one polaris and am about to sell it and give my money to a company that doesn't play games with making parts and maintenance hard to buy

Correct. The max capacity is usually with only a handful of wraps on the spool. As it gets closer to full spool, such as when the animal is near the bed for loading, the max capacity goes down substantially.

There it is. That's why I out it in my post. I don't have piles of cash to burn. I needed a new SxS and its the last one i will ever buy. Anything new with the specs I need are over 35K. Its all stupid pricing.
No need to explain yourself. Spend your money as you like. Nobodies business but your own. And yes way handier than a jeep.

You're right. Costs more than my tractor.
My neighbor has one like yours. Brand new...with tracks on it.
They wave every time they go by...snobs.
Wait til I find used tracks for my 4x4 atv
Tracks are brutal on gas. Can burn 50% more fuel. They’ll run out at the worst time. Then you wave.

Tracks are brutal on gas. Can burn 50% more fuel. They’ll run out at the worst time. Then you wave.
Ha, I am sure at this point gas mileage is not even a consideration.
Fwiw, they went by pulling their ultra pricey ice castle (house)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back