Caribou Gear

PRS Style competition rifle setup

Farmerj

Interesting you use H4895. I get so much flack for using H4895 and IMR 4895. I wanted powders that worked across more than one platform/load.

Still not able to get into the kestrel thing as the old school dope card are what I mainly know.

Interested in using what I have, .243 Winchester and .260 Remington, to try prs/NRL but with all the grief one gets about those being all totally wrong for the game it’s a killjoy.

Carl

I've shot probably 50 lbs of Varget through Dashers, but clearly I think H4895 works great too. It was favored by some 1000 yd BR guys when the Dasher was a little more popular in that arena. I know multiple people having good success with H4350 too, but you'd want a drop tube to get enough in there.

.243 and .260 are very close equivalents to the Creed's, just with a slightly less optimized case shape, depending on what you're optimizing for. Plenty have been used in PRS matches, and you can still be competitive using them. Somebody might suggest they aren't cool kid calibers, but nobody will actually care. In my opinion, the range of chamberings people actually use in matches are more alike than different.

fishing4sanity

Interesting you use H4895. I get so much flack for using H4895 and IMR 4895. I wanted powders that worked across more than one platform/load.

Still not able to get into the kestrel thing as the old school dope card are what I mainly know.

Interested in using what I have, .243 Winchester and .260 Remington, to try prs/NRL but with all the grief one gets about those being all totally wrong for the game it’s a killjoy.
Nothing wrong with using what you have, I shot my first match with my 270WSM. I've used 260 Rem for more matches than any other caliber. I admit my trophy wall isn't anything like @Carl but I've sure enjoyed every match I've ever been to.

blountsman

I really like my TL3's though i have really fallen for the impact actions and just got my first antix for a new build.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danny Dinkey Adventures