Polaris UTV negotiation

I'm not gonna lie. I wouldn't buy a Polaris. If I was to look a Honda Rancher would be a candidate.

Its hard to negotiate with any of these dealers because they can't even negotiate with the companies they rep. Nor do they really give a shit to negotiate, they give a guy the well.... we'll just call the next one on the list if you don't buy this one. The worst part is, 99.8 percent of people are just meh... whatever. They pay it without even looking at it twice🤷‍♂️. Which causes the issue with folks like yourself that actually do their homework.... it screws everyone and 3 years of it has really turned things upside down.

Unfortunately that's what that industry has turned into. They got the guy by the nuts selling him at list plus freight, fees, pdi charges and some other phony ass shit they can come up with. Its pretty sad. I'm in the game of selling equipment including vehicles and I'll tell you...... its a one lane street and the dealers ain't controlling it either.

Hate to be a downer but, I reckon in the not too distance future there's gonna be lots of extra toys for sale.

I worked at a dealer for a little while. At that time (2016) The dealership made $600 for a base unit sold and $500 of that was the doc fee. All the money they made was off of parts and service. I would look into buying aftermarket accessories and install them yourself and you will save a bunch of money.

I worked at a dealer for a little while. At that time (2016) The dealership made $600 for a base unit sold and $500 of that was the doc fee. All the money they made was off of parts and service. I would look into buying aftermarket accessories and install them yourself and you will save a bunch of money.
You can definitely save some coin. Some mods are more DIY friendly than others though. I upsized my tires, and had to add hub portals and aftermarket angled A-arms to get enough clearance. Definitely stretched the limits of my capabilities, as well as my 4 letter word repertoire…

1684893156512.jpeg

@Wildabeest how do you like the Honda? I'm shocked I don't see more of there sxs's around here.
I really like it. It’s a bit loud, and the seat gets pretty hot sometimes with the engine right under it. Automatic transmission shifting is a bit rough, but I like the hill assist where it automatically downshifts when going downhill so you’re not riding the brakes all the time on steep grades. Dump bed that also has a flip up back seat works well for my purposes. 95% of the time I just need the extra bed space for hauling stuff, but on rare occasions when I have an extra person or two, it’s nice that I can just flip up the seat for them. It tops out at about 65mph, so it’s good for pavement use as well if you do the necessary mods to make it street legal and get it plated.

A good friend of mine bought a Honda rancher last year or maybe even in late 21. The dealer told him that he would need to put x down, couldn't ever stand by the price and didn't care to. In a little over 18 months the price was 20 percent higher and there was 0 negotiations. Wouldnt even consider a mark down in between the original purchase and time of arrival

Way too much over thinking here.

Step 1: wear a cutoff Vikings sweatshirt with some mustard stains next time you go in. This shows the sales team you are a local and not to be messed with.

Step 2: offer to pay in "Kellior bucks." Then scoff when they don't know what those are.

Step 3: bring Chris O'Donnell with you to act as your seeing eye dog.

Step 4: call the sales guy by the wrong name all the time. It shows you pay attention to detail.

Step 5: slip a ten spot in the guy's breast pocket and say "there's more where that came from if you play ball," then give him a creepy wink.

Step 5: Jorts

Step 6: ask about their extended warranty, then try to sell them a new plan.

Step 7: offer 40% less and say with authority "final answer."

Step 8: Drive that sob home.

Step 1: wear a cutoff Vikings sweatshirt with some mustard stains next time you go in. This shows the sales team you are a local and not to be messed with.

Step 2: offer to pay in "Kellior bucks." Then scoff when they don't know what those are.

Step 4: call the sales guy by the wrong name all the time. It shows you pay attention to detail.

Step 5: slip a ten spot in the guy's breast pocket and say "there's more where that came from if you play ball," then give him a creepy wink.

1684932462910.png

Step: 5 😂

Drop the mic

Love my Ranger (2020). It has been flawless. My dad has a 2022 and loves his as well. Good choice.

I have a local, small town dealer that I use that is as good of a guy as there is. I will not go anywhere else with my business because of how he has treated us over the years. If you are interested in talking to him, PM me. He will be roughly a 2 hour drive for you.

I'm not gonna lie. I wouldn't buy a Polaris.

I know it is not the point of the thread, but I would very much entertain the Pioneer over the Ranger. Pioneer will get you 5,000 miles more for thousands of $ less, and you will likely never be out of commission due to a broken belt or myriad of stop-ride-recalls. I suppose it just depends on your use and how long of a relationship you plan on having with the machine. The Ranger is probably nicer is some ways.

I spent 17k on my 2021 back in 2000. Purchased a windshield and had my brother fabricate the roof. I have put about 5k miles on it and I am just getting started.

I don't know if folks really come to terms with what they hell they are doing when they purchase a side by side. 20+ thousand dollars for a machine, that might go 8,000 miles if you are lucky (polaris) ? A polaris with 5k on it is an old man. My father has over 10+ on his Pioneer with nothing but brakes and oil changes. They just live longer.

1684935240466.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back