Caribou Gear

Polaris UTV negotiation

Sometimes they are unnecessary but when you need one but don’t have one, that can be super frustrating. As with all things, having the right tool for the job is awesome and can make or break a hunt. Hauling them to and from the hunt area is pita imo however

My thinking is that if you don’t buy a $21k tool you will never plan a hunt where you need a $21k tool 😉

Sometimes they are unnecessary but when you need one but don’t have one, that can be super frustrating. As with all things, having the right tool for the job is awesome and can make or break a hunt. Hauling them to and from the hunt area is pita imo however
My thinking is that if you don’t buy a $21k tool you will never plan a hunt where you need a $21k tool 😉
Some recent math I just did when planning for this years elk hunt looked like this:

No UTV
18mpg/5,000 miles @ $3.60/gal = $1000

Towing a UTV
10 mpg/5,000 miles @ $3.60/gal = $1800

Solution
Rent a UTV and trailer near my unit from Sept 13-26 for $900 and not spend $21k on a UTV.

Shart is never ever a noun
Is ShartNado a catastrophe? I've seen things that would freak a lesser man out yet it all began innocently enough with gambling on a fart after a bout with diarrhea. That cascaded to everyone else in the elevator then as we emerged the unsuspecting people in the lobby were pulled into the swirling eye of the ShartNado and honestly by then it was going to grow city-wide and not diminish until passed over the wilderness two states to the east. Lord have mercy, we were mere boys in some ways.

Bought a 2023 can am in February tried to offer 500 below msrp they came back with counter offer of different atv’s that were less expensive. Bit my tongue and bought the one I wanted at msrp price.

Also, better to negotiate at the end of a month - sometimes there are internal bonuses and other incentives for the sellers that can persuade a seller to allow better deals at the end. I am fairly sure that when I said I would pay in full before the 31st even though the accessory adds wouldn’t be done until a few days after that it got me the last bit of movement.

Not gonna lie, I didn’t complain when my hunting buddy dropped a bunch of coin on a SxS and some tracks. He has way deeper pockets than this cat.

It opened up a tremendous amount of spring bear and late season bird opportunities.

Not gonna lie, I didn’t complain when my hunting buddy dropped a bunch of coin on a SxS and some tracks. He has way deeper pockets than this cat.

It opened up a tremendous amount of spring bear and late season bird opportunities.
My dad has a Ranger. I love using that thing. Really came in handy on my Nevada deer hunt a few years ago in that I was able to take it way back on roads that I would NOT drive my truck on. It allowed me to hike back and day hunt in areas that I’d otherwise have to backpack into to access, and I was all alone back in there. It was awesome.

Also, better to negotiate at the end of a month - sometimes there are internal bonuses and other incentives for the sellers that can persuade a seller to allow better deals at the end. I am fairly sure that when I said I would pay in full before the 31st even though the accessory adds wouldn’t be done until a few days after that it got me the last bit of movement.
Last day of the month, walk in 15 min before they close and follow @Ben Lamb list.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back