Chasing elk in the Bighorns...

Very enjoyable read and very cool on the youth hunter!

The youth hunter part made the story, the bull you got was gravy.

Karma has a way about her.

Very well written. Photos are nice. Major props for helping the youth hunter.

Solid work.

Great write up! I hope to be heading out there next year.....barring point creep!

Thank you all for the kind words!!! Sorry for the delay in posting pics. I have been trying for a day to get them to upload in the right orientation and have failed miserably. Is the problem that I am using an iPhone/mac? Good lord this is frustrating. Any tips? I don't want to upload a ton of pictures all rotated 90 degrees.

Thank you all for the kind words!!! Sorry for the delay in posting pics. I have been trying for a day to get them to upload in the right orientation and have failed miserably. Is the problem that I am using an iPhone/mac? Good lord this is frustrating. Any tips? I don't want to upload a ton of pictures all rotated 90 degrees.

iPhone photos get an orientation tag when you take them. I usually rotate mine and then resave them. I think when you crop them it does the same thing. When you take a photo, have the home button on the right side, phone sideways and you won’t have to do anything.

Screen shot them on iPhone works great.

Great novel Cody, sorry I just got around to reading it been a busy week. Man we really gotta get you a truck not a ridgeline!!���� Now we need some pics. Glad you and Ryan had a great hunt if I hadn’t drew the mule deer tag I would have been there.

Congrats and great story. I once by chance hiked to the top of sheep mountain and my then future wife and I weathered a stormy night only to be greeted by elk bugles and a grazing moose at dawn. I hope to one day make it back to the bighorns. They are special for sure.

Finally some pics!!

Morning of our hunt
JPEG image.jpeg

Looking for elk after we found the tracks
PNG image.jpg
PNG image 2.jpg

Elk tracks as far as the eye could see
PNG image 4.jpg

beautiful country
PNG image 5.jpg

Attachments

• PNG image 2.jpg
    PNG image 2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 199
pics continued

Pictures don't do it justice
PNG image 8.jpg

Setup on the bench hoping for the bull to come out. Laid like this for what seemed like an eternity, sadly it was all cows and a couple spikes
PNG image 6.jpg

Youth hunter and his uncle getting setup on a cow, this shot was too far so they moved down the bench and made it happen.
PNG image 7.jpg

Surveying the potential drop down to the bugles
PNG image 9.jpg

As they lay
PNG image 10.jpg

Camp
PNG image 11.jpg
PNG image 12.jpg

Forgot to take a grip and grin so my wife made me take one with the head before taking to the taxidermist for a European mount.
PNG image 13.jpg

That was a good read! Looks like awesome country and a comfortable camp. Congrats on your bull.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back