Polaris UTV negotiation

That isn't my experience recently. I spent way too long shopping for my new truck and dealt with dozens of dealerships. They keep feeding that same line, hoping people are still buying their BS. But then when you walk away they call back a week later asking if you'd do 10% off msrp.

Do your homework, vehicles are sitting on lots for a long time right now and dealerships are sweating.

Best actual advice. Don't be afraid to walk away. You're the one spending the cash. They want you more than you need them.

Done - essentially negotiated down $1k (about 5%) which I am fine with. Add in the $1500 rebate and it is $2.5k less than I initial thought it was going to cost when doing some pricing in January. It was nice I could get it done with the local dealer up north, as my wife and I try to buy stuff up there rather than dragging everything up from the city - we like to have local stores/dealers up there, and they can't last if all the seasonal folks "Amazon everything" all the time. I think I could have gotten another $400 or so off if I really drove pricing with some of the city dealers, but I feel like it was a fair deal in the current marketplace.

Thanks for all the input. Obviously @Ben Lamb 's 8 step process was the most useful and practical.

As is typical - you cause me to google something . . .
cool runnings on Tumblr

serious question for all you guys with SxS's

would you be able to enjoy your hunting and your outdoors activities the same without one? or is it an integral and necessary component of your hobbies?

i feel like i'm surprised how many of you have them. i basically know zero people personally who hunt that have OHVs except for some ranchers i know.

i just can't in a million years ever seeing myself thinking they're worth the money, my hypothetical presidential/dictatorship candidacy also promises to shut down forest service roads and OHV use if i win.

i could see myself with one if end up with a big ol property. i feel like more people actually have SxS's east of the mississippi than west too...

i dunno
We use ours on the farm for fencing, cow checking, etc. Never really hunted out of it. When our 2008 Polaris Ranger died last year, we looked for a replacement but couldn't really find one or stomach the price. We ended up buying another 4-wheeler instead. Put after-market baskets on the front and back. Not quite as versatile as the SXS but works pretty well.

serious question for all you guys with SxS's

would you be able to enjoy your hunting and your outdoors activities the same without one? or is it an integral and necessary component of your hobbies?

i feel like i'm surprised how many of you have them. i basically know zero people personally who hunt that have OHVs except for some ranchers i know.

i just can't in a million years ever seeing myself thinking they're worth the money, my hypothetical presidential/dictatorship candidacy also promises to shut down forest service roads and OHV use if i win.

i could see myself with one if end up with a big ol property. i feel like more people actually have SxS's east of the mississippi than west too...

i dunno
You don’t hunt around gumbo mud, do you?

That isn't my experience recently. I spent way too long shopping for my new truck and dealt with dozens of dealerships. They keep feeding that same line, hoping people are still buying their BS. But then when you walk away they call back a week later asking if you'd do 10% off msrp.

Do your homework, vehicles are sitting on lots for a long time right now and dealerships are sweating.
Agreed unless you want something specific and depends on model. Only certain models are readily available

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back