New P&Y Record bull out of Montana

GH is modest in moderation. Anyway, would love to know the final thoughts of the hunter as he discovered that bull, knowing he took him and it was done. My deepest respect to him and the bull. mtmuley

Looks like some bulls put on inches this year. Glad I'll be trying to punch a rifle tag in the breaks this year beside 410. I wish Oct. 28th would hurry and get here.

Its a whopper!!! I too have a picture of the guy holding it at home in the driveway. Not sure who he is but congrats to him. Montana doesn't have big elk.......move along people.;)

What a great bull.
So far I have heard of four kill locations and there are several pictures floating around. The nice thing about Montana is that there is not a picture of the hunter with a double digit number of friends in the back ground. Most likely would be in some other states

Last edited:
Proud to have the potential #1 P&Y here in MT. I have always thought elk in MT were underrated. Then again, I don't want the onslaught that this would bring.

What a great bull.
So far I have heard of four kill locations and there are several pictures floating around. The nice thing about Montana is that there is not a picture of the hunter with a double digit number of friends in the back ground. Most likely would be in some other states

It would be nice to see one of us normal guys get a monster like that DIY on public land without having a possee who baby sat the bull all summer long tp keep an eye on it.
Congrats to the lucky hunter if that was the case. If not you don't want to hear my opinion.

Last edited:
It is legit. It has been green scored by the measurer with the tightest tape in MT. When people hear the story I think they will be very happy for the hunter.

It would be nice to see one of us normal guys get a monster like that DIY on public land without having a possee who baby sat the bull all summer long tp keep an eye on it.
Congrats to the lucky hunter if that was the case. If not you don't want to hear my opinion.

This ^^^^.

Half of hunting and fishing for me *was* the idea (naive?) that something could be out there; something no one had ever seen. Now the idea is that everything is tagged, tracked, trail-cammed, droned, satellited, inventoried, nurtured and allotted. I'm afraid I'm gonna kill something and find a bar code on it.

Amazing! Hope to read this person's solo epic, amazing experience!

It is legit. It has been green scored by the measurer with the tightest tape in MT. When people hear the story I think they will be very happy for the hunter.

I've been hoping this would be the case. It would be a breath of fresh air. I think the hunter is being wise by remaining incognito until some of the speculation dies down.

Chuck Adams? Been a while since he's been in the news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back