Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My son the Marine

nmtaxi

My son has been in the Marine Corp. for the last year and half. He is currently stationed at 8th and I in Washington DC. Being and outdoorsman, he thought he was going to go nuts living in a city like DC. It didn't take him long to find a way to occupy his spare time in the city. Every evening he walks to the Potomac and throws a line in.

cf1a_zps19d0075a.jpeg

cf5_zpsc862ee2c.jpeg

cf2_zpscca12783.jpeg

The Potomac is apparently not a very clean river, so all these river monsters were thrown back to be caught another day. I never would have thought of fishing in the middle of DC.

Have him try deer hunting on Quantico. Not all that hard for him to get a pass/permit. Lord knows I saw enough of them during my couple of training stints !

Wow, I can't believe it has been that long already. Those are some big fish.

Have him try deer hunting on Quantico. Not all that hard for him to get a pass/permit. Lord knows I saw enough of them during my couple of training stints !

You beat me to it Gunner! There wer plenty running around when I was there too.

Nice fish! I always wanted to try fishing there but never got around to it.

My brother loves hunting there. Uses an old machine gun pill box as a blind for his boys (gotta use hearing protection in there though!!!)

That boy has turned into a man. How quickly they grow. Good to see he can still find some solitude over there. Thanks for serving!

Thanks guys. He's one heck of a young man. He's already been looking into Quantico and getting his shotgun ready for deer season out there.

Yep, we are getting old. Same face, grown man.

Wow, I can't believe it has been that long already.

You guys got that right. It seems like he turned into a man over night. I guess the Marines will do that.

I'm still trying to figure out who that forty-something is that keeps looking back at me from the mirror.

Looks like he's doing well!

What is your son's MOS?

My oldest is on day 2 of boot in San Diego. We got the 10 second phone call last night.

That 10 second phone call is brutal - but I kind of laughed when I got mine. All I could think is "what the hell did he get himself into".

He's with the infantry, but they selected him to be a part of the ceremonial guard. He wishes he was still with the fleet, but he goes where they tell him to go. He's rather be blowing up stuff. Personally, I like him being in DC. He goes to the White House and Pentagon a lot, and funerals at Arlington. I've seen him on TV a time or two when Obama is making a speech.

This was posted the other day on the Marine Corp Facebook page. Jr. is the third one down. I thought it was kind of cool...

MarinePoster_zps5284e328.jpg

It's going to be a long few months T Bone, but just keep sending those letters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back