MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My son the Marine

Esprit De Corps

Your son might particularly enjoy a chapter in my book titled, "Esprit De Corps", about a young Marine named Dan Drazen who hunted his trophy "bucket list" bull elk with CritterGitter. There's is also a chapter titled, "As You Were" about a soldier who returned home to hunt and resume his life, after his tour of duty during Vietnam War. The book titled, "Not Looking To Die" is not a book about dying, it is a book about living each day and doing as much of that living as possible hunting and enjoying the outdoors, wherever you are.. "Not Looking To Die" is published by Stoneydale Press, in Stevensville, Montana. They will ship directly to your son. Their phone number is 1-800-735-7006. Their email is: [email protected]. Check them out. They specialize in outdoor and hunting books. You may also order the book, by title, on Amazon.com

Thanks to your son, for his service. Bill Sansom

Wow. I remember meeting him in 2010. Great to see him following his dream. Please give our thanks him for his service.

I remember the teenage boy on his early hunts. Probably on Gila's forum

He is definitely a man now. Gotta be proud!

Congrats on being a great father.

I bet your really proud of that young man. From one Jarhead to another tell him Happy 239th Birthday next Monday. I'm not that far from him if he ever wants to hunt in PA. Be more than happy to have him up. I also second Quantico, Virginia for some great hunting and fishing opportunities. Semper Fi

By the way. Those are some big fish.

Hopefully I'll be meeting him soon. Jarrod is looking forward to sharing some hunting with him, we have some deer with his name on them and I'll get him out for turkey hunting.

Another former Marine here, also was going to say to check out Quantico. If he wants to get away a little further, I've got a camp he can stay in and lots of places to hunt deer, turkey, and bear about 4.5 hours away in PA. Semper Fi and thanks for serving.

Quantico is a good place to hunt. I have hunted squrriels there. Also has a nice shooting range with some skeet houses.

Semper Fi

Man, wish I had seen this thread earlier! I was out spicing up my tag soup though...

Thank you for your son's service! Finding the country in the heart of D.C.! Talk about Improvise, Adapt and Overcome! Ha! Reminds me of the pic I had seen once before...

559098e97e651a6b812b22e6310e0e0f.jpg

I passed on all the thanks to him. He was really surprised when he saw this thread. Guess he didn't realize how much bragging I had done about him through the years.

I reached out to DaveHawk on this site a couple of months ago to see if he could give my son some pointers on where to hunt. Dave and his son have been extremely generous with their help, and I believe his son and my son are going to hook up in the next week or so to do some whitetail hunting. It's amazing the generosity they would extend to somebody they didn't even no. It means so much to a father whose son is so far away from home.

I passed on all the thanks to him. He was really surprised when he saw this thread. Guess he didn't realize how much bragging I had done about him through the years.

I reached out to DaveHawk on this site a couple of months ago to see if he could give my son some pointers on where to hunt. Dave and his son have been extremely generous with their help, and I believe his son and my son are going to hook up in the next week or so to do some whitetail hunting. It's amazing the generosity they would extend to somebody they didn't even no. It means so much to a father whose son is so far away from home.
Jarrod's excited to take him out hunting. He lost his best friend when he move to Georgia last month and been looking to fill that void, I think hunting with your son will do them both god. Jarrods shot 6 deer in the past 3 weeks , we have plenty of places to hunt , mostly back yards and a couple small farms.
They were supposed this afternoon but duty calls 1st. For Dan. I look forward to meeting the young man.

Jarrod told me today that Dan is a very nice young man and they got out yesterday for a hunt. Didn't see anything but he had a good time and is happy to have made a a hunting buddy out here from what Jarrod tells me.

I'll get him out for Turkey hunting this spring. Md is a good state to hunt Birds but from the DC area you need to head way out of town. My turkey hunting area is about an hr drive in Va.

Jr. had a great time yesterday. He can't wait to get out again. I do believe that's the first time he has hunted that I have not been there. It was a long few hours waiting for the hunt report. Again, thanks to you and your son for your hospitality.

I know what you mean on the wait, my youngest is attending ISU and I set him up with a buddy I meet on another forum to hunt out there. The Net is a great place ! Glad to be of service and help out our service men.

I meet your son today. Jarrod and Dan headed out to hunt around 3 PM wished them luck and tomorrow afternoon they will hunt. Very nice young man you should be very proud of him.

Back