Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Medical problems

A-con

My cardiologist told me I have some blockage, and suggested a heart cath procedure.
I went in yesterday, they stuck a tube in me and checked things out, and told me I have a lot of blockages and it can’t be fixed with a cath procedure.

Two different cardiologist told me it’s amazing that I haven’t had a major heart attack yet, but it‘s only a matter of time unless I get this fixed.

Anyway I’m scheduled for quadruple by pass surgery on Monday. :eek:

The good news is they say my heart is in great shape, it’s just all the clogged arteries that need fixing

The REALLY bad news is I am sitting on a great Mule deer tag, and I don’t know if I will recover in time, or if I will have any vacation time left. :mad:

Best wishes and prayers for you, Dan. Glad you are getting it resolved in advance, rather than as an emergency. Hold out hope for that deer hunt. You might be able to sneak it in.

Best of luck on the surgery Dan. Try to get out to your hunt if your feeling up to it, even if it's only for a few days......

Good luck with the procedure. My Dad had a triple when he was 80 and it gave him another 18 years before everything wore out. Don't know how old you are, but you might be able to make it in time if you have some company to do all the heavy stuff. If they crack the sternum it will take a while to heal back, so I'd take it as easy as possible. I've a heart artery which stopped growing when I was young, but more branches grew into a kind of bypass so the heart is getting enough blood, but if I ever get blockage there it will be difficult surgery. The trick now is to keep my cholesterol as low as possible from here on out. This getting old sucks, huh?

An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Glad they are going to restore full blood flow before muscle death.

You probably have heard this already but nearly all bypass patients say the donor sites are the sorest and not the chest crack.

May the surgery go well, and may you amaze all with your fast healing.

My Uncle had that same procedure two months ago and it is impossible to keep him in the seated position. He is out and about with a spring in his step. Stay motivated and anything is possible! Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Good luck with the proceedure. Routine surgery is only routine when it is on someone else. I hope you make it for your hunt but more importantly I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery.

Good luck with the bypass, I am sure it will all go great. Make sure you clear it with your surgeon before shooting a rifle/drawing a bow this fall.

Thoughts and prayers with you. I would stay optimistic about hunting this fall. My father in law went through something similar in the last month, and the doc said he is good to go in October for mulies and antelope.

Good luck.

Priorities . . . you can't hunt if you're dead. Get the "tune-up" and go hunting, again, later.

Wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

Man, sorry to hear this. Sucks sitting on a tag also. But, get your pump fixed and worry about all the other stuff later. Glad to hear they caught it!

I wish you a quick recovery.

Screw not having enough vacation... Go hunting you only live once.

I'm a week short for a 12 day sheep hunt which starts tomorrow. Don't care, and doubt I'll get fired... if I do... I'll find another job. :)

Best of Luck A-con....You can always whack that Buck... But you have to be "alive" to do it... let us know when its over... You can also go hunting in a wheelchair.. there are guys that will push you around the woods in one

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back