Medical problems

A-con,

Glad to hear it...I was going to say before you went in that by-pass heart surgery is so common any more its almost rountine. Easy to say when you arent the one under the knife, but the sawbones have this stuff down.

My grandfather had it done when he was in his late 70's. The only thing he complained about was the veins they stripped from his legs...and he felt much better after the operation and no doubt allowed him to live longer. More importantly though, it also improved his quality of life and allowed him to hunt another 8-9 years.

Glad things are going well for you...and take it easy.

Thanks for all you kind thoughts.
I plan on taking recovery seriously.
As some of you know, I am probably going to give up a very good mule deer tag.
Even if I could recover in time I would be had pressed to tell my boss, I just got back from 8 weeks medical leave and now I need a week to go hunting. He has been a real sport about the medical problems, and promised to save my job even though I know it will be a hardship on the company.

The real doctors all agree that the procedure was “Text Book”, went off without a hitch, and that in 60 to 90 days I should recover to a point where I feel better than I did, and if I keep up the work out, by next season I will feel like a teenager again.
The places on my left leg where they harvested veins does hurt more then my cracked open chest hour by hour, but several times a day when I cough, the chest incision hurts bad. Still it is all getting better day by day, and it’s only been 6 days, so I’m hopeful that I will feel much better in another week.
Most of the doctors and nurses that provided my care were compassionate gifted professionals and I felt lucky to have them on my team.
Others not so much.
A couple of snot nosed, metro-punk night nurses had to be put in their places. I won’t go into to details other than to say once they figured out the old man wasn’t afraid of them, they left me alone.

Terrific news!
I deal with people with medical issues every day and see some heart breaking
endings, but when a good guy comes out in front and better off its always nice to
hear about it. Jobs come and go, but as each hunting season passes we all should
just make the most of every opportunity. Hope you pull another good mule deer tag
soon and do it justice!
Keep us going with the updates, it's good for you to talk about your positive progress.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back