Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Salt Lake Expo

Just playing with you STU :D It is the honest truth though with the posse concept. It really boils down to the fact that it's tough to draw and when a family and friend draws everybody wants to help and be a part of it. I don't blame them. While Utah has great hunting it's unfortunate that most of the "good" hunts are a draw and the poor population is at the mercy of the points game.
As a side note most of my relatives and my parents are from the Beehive state so I hold no malice. Every state is a little quirky and Utah has is fair share. I have a great friend down there and am constantly ribbing him about the jacked up trucks and tahoes. It's all in fun.

I hope I have a Dutton tag in the mail when it's all said and done. In fact I hope nobody puts in :D

There are so many questions the SLC expo raises.

One question for me is how does a 24-year old guide afford to buy these 2 tags? He's obviously done something right in life while I was missing that financial boat.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2212820-155/antelope-island-trophy-mule-deer-tag

Proxy bidding for a client, no doubt.

I love Utahans & Utah is one of the most beautiful states in the Union. I can't stand their politics though. They should focus on important stuff like MT, where we try to outlaw yoga pants.

Wow! I would feel bad if I wasn't so happy you have not been back.

p.s I do love Montana and ironically have a number of friends who grew up in MT and they love UT. I guess you find what you look for unless you don't want to.

Dukes, sarcasm and jokiness don't come across well on the internet, and I am good at neither so let me apologize for offending. I don't dislike Utahans and have seen the beauty and varied landscapes that Utah contains.

That said, 3.2% beer is an affront to humanity, the universe, and even God herself.

There are so many questions the SLC expo raises.

One question for me is how does a 24-year old guide afford to buy these 2 tags? He's obviously done something right in life while I was missing that financial boat.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2212820-155/antelope-island-trophy-mule-deer-tag

Someone actually paid $390,000.00 for a license to shoot a deer, on a island, within sight of downtown Salt Lake City? That's pretty funny. Does the posse of guides come with that price, or is that extra?

Bart are you really holding out for a tag on the "rock pile"? How many elk points do you have?

Here is a pic of my nephew at the expo. Anyone recognize the guy below on the stairs?

He had multiple cell phones going at the same time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 189
Of every State I've ever spent time in...Utah is the easiest to stereo-type, by a landslide.

It cracks me up...

Bart are you really holding out for a tag on the "rock pile"? How many elk points do you have?

Here is a pic of my nephew at the expo. Anyone recognize the guy below on the stairs?

He had multiple cell phones going at the same time.

Looks like Doyle. Yes I'm holding out for the Dutton. My dad hunted it a bunch growing up and has a connection to it. I thought it would be fun to go back with him someday. I'm at 12 points this year. I'm still a little ways off but it's getting closer.

Did Doyle trim his skullet?
I haven't bought one of his videos or seen him in a few years.

On a side note don't forget to buy your HF raffle tickets so you can hunt sheep in Mexico like Tiffany.

After a senior trip to Salt Lake City in high school which found me disgusted with numerous aspects of the place, I, like many level-headed Montanans, decided to boycott Utah and anything associated with it in general.

My life has been far better because of it.

Too bad for you NM. A friend of mine was lucky enough to draw the opportunity to buy a non-resident sheep tag at this event several years back, and I was invited to tag along. Great hunt. I even bought a six pack of Polygamy Porter in Hanksville, to celebrate taking a nice ram.

35570013 (2).jpg
35570001 (2).jpg

After a senior trip to Salt Lake City in high school which found me disgusted with numerous aspects of the place, I, like many level-headed Montanans, decided to boycott Utah and anything associated with it in general.

My life has been far better because of it.
I feel your pain. I used to occasionally go fishing in Utah but soon realized I was giving my money to a state full of people who didn't want us there.
As soon as they see you have out of state plates on your truck you may as well carry a sign
that says " I have Ebola". They don't want anything to do with you. You are an outsider.
:mad:

I feel like I get pulled over in Utah a lot because of my out of state plates. Some of the stops were just plain comical.

Dukes, sarcasm and jokiness don't come across well on the internet, and I am good at neither so let me apologize for offending. I don't dislike Utahans and have seen the beauty and varied landscapes that Utah contains.

That said, 3.2% beer is an affront to humanity, the universe, and even God herself.

They make up for their shitty beer with the agreement that all trucks shalt have 36" Toyo MT tires on them.

And a Bone Collector decal in the back window.

Any compassion would be appreciated. We lack many things other western states have.

Fortunately our state is growing quickly and the economy is rocking. So there are more of us with more money. Great opportunity to visit our neighboring states.

Any compassion would be appreciated. We lack many things other western states have.

Fortunately our state is growing quickly and the economy is rocking. So there are more of us with more money. Great opportunity to visit our neighboring states.
And spreading the state's "rep" all the while! ;) When I lived in UT, I offered to drive when hunting pheasants in So. ID with a buddy. He turned me down as he didn't want to lose permission everywhere or have to deal with an LEO. :D

I feel like I get pulled over in Utah a lot because of my out of state plates. Some of the stops were just plain comical.

First ticket of my life was last weekend for speeding in southern Utah. After that I went the speed limit and felt like a train engine pulling Utah plates behind me.

And spreading the state's "rep" all the while! ;) When I lived in UT, I offered to drive when hunting pheasants in So. ID with a buddy. He turned me down as he didn't want to lose permission everywhere or have to deal with an LEO. :D

License plates do matter.

Thus in Kansas, may I suggest the following!?!?

EMAW (Every Man A Wildcat)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 143
Who is going to the shindig? I understand some of you will be silently protesting by staying home.

Zero chance of me going since they started that scheme. Would be hypocritical of me to fund white collar criminals via pimping primo public tags stolen predominantly from nonresidents. Time won't make us forget.

Haha I happened to get pulled over by a UT cop for driving 8 mph over the limit. IL plates but when I told him I had an AZ deer tag and was just coming into town to spend money he just gave me a warning.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back