Caribou Gear

Oh yes Wyoming

Yeah, no kidding.

Pronghorn units that used to have leftover buck tags now take points to draw. Units with leftover doe tags aren't even close to 100% draw odds anymore.

With this kind of demand, I think a license fee increase is in order. What good R wouldn't increase price with this kind of demand and let the free market rule?

Yeah. Goodness. I didn't expect my doe units to look like that on apps compared to last year. Lope fever is really becoming something else. As an NR, I wouldn't be completely opposed to a fee increase.

Did apps for buck tags go down since the fee increase? Fee increases never seem to do much to reduce the amount of people who apply. I think they should double the amount of tags instead. Stop being greedy Wyoming. No, I'm not serious

The crazy thing is that it's not limited to Wyoming. Have apps gone down anywhere over the last 5-10 years? Everywhere I apply, AK, AZ, CA, KS, NM, CO, MT, WY, from pronghorn to whitetail to elk and everything in between, have seen great increases in demand.

Still lots of opportunity to be had, but it's definitely a changing game.

In drew three lope tags and a mule deer buck tag. Better lucky than good. 😏
They are not primo areas, but I am happy with it.

Reactions: LCH
I got two antelope doe tags. So I am still going, so I should be happy but I am still pissed.
The buck tag I put in for has been %100 second choice with decent odds for 3rd. Not this year! Still 100% for first choice less the 1% for second.

I haven’t went to deeply through it but it looks like apps were up, quite a bit.

Who ever said we need more hunter recruitment is full of shit. Even Kansas it is getting more and more crowded.

Not that I expect a damn thing to be on it but when does the leftover list come out?

Unfortunately we got creeped out on our 1st choice antelope as it jumped almost two full points. Got our second choice, but almost got creeped out there too. Really going to have to earn it now and get lucky too.

Swear I checked the box to back out of the doe draw if we didn’t pull that first choice buck tag - apparently I didn’t (or maybe couldn’t) and we will now likely be making tag soup with four antelope doe tags - yuck.

I was hoping for a random pronghorn tag in a unit with 100% special odds last year. No dice.

On the bright side, I am no longer a member of the "max deer point club" in Wyoming. Last year the odds were 10% in the special draw. Don't have enough coverage to download this year's draw report to my phone. So, I'll just accept the good luck.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we got creeped out on our 1st choice antelope as it jumped almost two full points. Got our second choice, but almost got creeped out there too. Really going to have to earn it now and get lucky too.

Swear I checked the box to back out of the doe draw if we didn’t pull that first choice buck tag - apparently I didn’t (or maybe couldn’t) and we will now likely be making tag soup with four antelope doe tags - yuck.
You may well be within a part days drive to that doe area. Those tags should be easy to fill and possible to do it in one day.

Reactions: LCH
As much as I tell people they taste disgusting and are no fun to hunt, it still seems the word is out on pronghorn..just kidding.... Im just collecting points this year and planning for the future. Good luck to everyone that drew!

On the bright side, I am no longer a member of the max deer point club in Wyoming.
I'm still a member of this club because I waited so long that I'm now hesitant to pull the trigger. I came "this" close this year, but chickened out. At this point I think I just want to go have a fun hunt and not have the points hanging over my head any more. Can't take 'em with you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back