KUIU hardcore gear or expensive toilet Paper?

I've never had a sitka or kuia piece of clothing and I've never had a "clothing failure" while hunting unless you count a few pairs of underwear I've buried. I've broken a couple bootlaces too I guess.

When you're this hardcore, I don't think you can expect any type gear to hold up.

1-dinkshooter.jpg

I've never had a sitka or kuia piece of clothing and I've never had a "clothing failure" while hunting unless you count a few pairs of underwear I've buried. I've broken a couple bootlaces too I guess.

Ah man, now I know whose those were................not even the grizzly bears would chew on it after the coyotes dug them up.............;)

When you're this hardcore, I don't think you can expect any type gear to hold up.

1-dinkshooter.jpg

The Thinker:

It depicts a man in sober meditation battling with a powerful internal struggle. It is often used to represent philosophy.

Attachments

• The_Thinker-Auguste-Rodin.jpg
    The_Thinker-Auguste-Rodin.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,037
What was left of my kuiu spindrift jacket after a 3 hour pheasant hunt....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,899
What was left of my kuiu spindrift jacket after a 3 hour pheasant hunt....
Now don't make stuff up. I'm trying to sell one. ;) Everyone can see that those are feathers, and the spindrift is synthetic.

Originally Posted by AZ402

The Sthinker:
fixed.

It depicts a man in sober meditation battling with a powerful internal struggle.

And what is really going through his mind is " I knew I shouldn't have eaten the twice burn chili."

Last edited:
I own the same rain gear as your brother. In fact I bought it at Kuiu's brick and mortar office in Dixon, CA just off of Highway 80 in the Summer of 2011. I do think the process of bonding the zips and velcro to the fabric has had some refining needed.

I've had rips and tears in nearly every brand of gear I own. Last hunt I was wearing 5 different brands of clothing. I've resewn buttons, fixed zippers, put shoe goo on, and re hammered nails into boot heels. More than once I've held a blown zipper closed with safety pins.

One pair of hunting pants, I elected to have the local dry cleaners sew a hole shut instead of sending it back to the company. It was quicker and cost about the same as the shipping would have.

Had I had a failure like your brothers jacket and been given the runaround like you describe, I would be upset as well. That is contrary to my experiences with the company and I have to say I am surprised.

But Maybe my standards aren't as high as yours. My father has aHigh tech Waterfowling jacket that base all my gear comparisons on...Here is a picture of him with his bird dog...

Attachments

• jan08 021_edited.jpg
    jan08 021_edited.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,735
imo, i think jason is good at starting and get a company off the ground. but running one hmmmmmmmmm not sure how good of job he does.. he will sell it like sitka and do something bigger and better.

Back