Yeti GOBOX Collection

KUIU hardcore gear or expensive toilet Paper?

I've never had a sitka or kuia piece of clothing and I've never had a "clothing failure" while hunting unless you count a few pairs of underwear I've buried. I've broken a couple bootlaces too I guess.

When you're this hardcore, I don't think you can expect any type gear to hold up.

1-dinkshooter.jpg

I've never had a sitka or kuia piece of clothing and I've never had a "clothing failure" while hunting unless you count a few pairs of underwear I've buried. I've broken a couple bootlaces too I guess.

Ah man, now I know whose those were................not even the grizzly bears would chew on it after the coyotes dug them up.............;)

When you're this hardcore, I don't think you can expect any type gear to hold up.

1-dinkshooter.jpg

The Thinker:

It depicts a man in sober meditation battling with a powerful internal struggle. It is often used to represent philosophy.

Attachments

• The_Thinker-Auguste-Rodin.jpg
    The_Thinker-Auguste-Rodin.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,037
What was left of my kuiu spindrift jacket after a 3 hour pheasant hunt....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,899
What was left of my kuiu spindrift jacket after a 3 hour pheasant hunt....
Now don't make stuff up. I'm trying to sell one. ;) Everyone can see that those are feathers, and the spindrift is synthetic.

Originally Posted by AZ402

The Sthinker:
fixed.

It depicts a man in sober meditation battling with a powerful internal struggle.

And what is really going through his mind is " I knew I shouldn't have eaten the twice burn chili."

Last edited:
I own the same rain gear as your brother. In fact I bought it at Kuiu's brick and mortar office in Dixon, CA just off of Highway 80 in the Summer of 2011. I do think the process of bonding the zips and velcro to the fabric has had some refining needed.

I've had rips and tears in nearly every brand of gear I own. Last hunt I was wearing 5 different brands of clothing. I've resewn buttons, fixed zippers, put shoe goo on, and re hammered nails into boot heels. More than once I've held a blown zipper closed with safety pins.

One pair of hunting pants, I elected to have the local dry cleaners sew a hole shut instead of sending it back to the company. It was quicker and cost about the same as the shipping would have.

Had I had a failure like your brothers jacket and been given the runaround like you describe, I would be upset as well. That is contrary to my experiences with the company and I have to say I am surprised.

But Maybe my standards aren't as high as yours. My father has aHigh tech Waterfowling jacket that base all my gear comparisons on...Here is a picture of him with his bird dog...

Attachments

• jan08 021_edited.jpg
    jan08 021_edited.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,735
imo, i think jason is good at starting and get a company off the ground. but running one hmmmmmmmmm not sure how good of job he does.. he will sell it like sitka and do something bigger and better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmokinHunter
Back