Good, old movies for boys?

Old John Wayne movies like Stagecoach, etc. Erroll Flynn's robin hood is good as are most spaghetti westerns.

Look at the serials from the 30's, 40's & 50's too like Flash Gordon, the Lone Ranger, etc.

I wouldn't pass up tv shows like Wild Wild West, Gunsmoke, etc.

Hatari is on netfilx. Spent a lot of winter days watching old westerns with Dad. Some of my favorite memories.

I've got two that top my list 1. Last of the Mohicans 2. Quigley Down Under When you throw the kids' preferences in there, then I've gotta add Despicable Me, my kids are older but they brought this one home and I get quite a good laugh over the yellow Minion guys,

A lot of good suggestions here. My dog Skip, Iron Will, Turner & Hooch, White Fang...

My favorites keep changing. Sub movies are hard to beat. Rio Bravo (- Angie Dickinson). Too many, aaarrrgh.

The Quiet Man....Duke and Maureen O'Hara
To Kill a Mockingbird.....Gregory Peck Kids should like!
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison.....Robert Mitchum and Deborah Kerr
Father Goose.....Cary Grant and Leslie Caron Kids should really like this one.
Cheyenne Social Club.....Jimmie Stewart and Henry Fonda
Out of Africa.....Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.

Great suggestions! Lots I've seen and some they've seen, but we'll definitely be looking some of these up. Oldest was up all night last night puking so I'm on 'nurse duty' today. Wonder what we'll be doing... ;)

Of course I am partial to Ol Yeller. As I wipe a tear from my eye....! The Alamo is a great one also. I always enjoyed watching Silverado with several good actors. John

Your boys and you will love . . . . "October Sky". Great movie, we watched it and then bought it.

The Goonies, The Sandlot, Big.....Stand By Me (some language),,,Star Wars series

This. Every boy born in the US should be sent home from the maternity ward with a copy of The Sandlot, Stand By Me and A Christmas Story.

I grew up watching the old Disney movies, savage sam, davy crockett, the swamp fox(about the American revolution) the bears and I was a good one, milo and Otis, the apple dumpling gang, support your local sheriff, and since I was partial to westerns and cowboy movies, (still am) any john wayne movie, I saw someone else mentioned the old Errol Flynn movies, and the old Jimmy Stuart westerns. The Bob Hope/ Bing Crosby "road" movies, and the Dean Martin/ Jerry Lewis movies were always funny with very little bad language. I'm not sure how easy they are to find anymore, but I have seen them on the classic movie channels and recorded them. Hope this helps!

I grew up on a steady diet of John Wayne films.. Some Clint Eastwood, but those generaly aren't as kid-friendly.

Movie related; tried to watch 'Birdman' yesterday..only made it about 30 torturous minutes...fifty shades of totally effed up nonsense. Best picture?..what a disconnect.

Raise your hand if you made the same mistake.

My idea of what a ranch should be like was shaped by the movie My Friend Flicka

Call of the Wild - somebody earlier mentioned Jack London
Mystery, Alaska - town hockey movie
Mighty Ducks - hard to beat
Angels in the Outfield - baseball movie
Rookie of the Year -also baseball
Little Giants - football movie
My younger brother was into the "AirBud" movies about a dog that plays sports

Back