Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

elk hunters local hospitality...

BuzzH

When I got back to my truck after packing my bull for 14 hours, I noticed this the next morning on the tailgate of my truck.

Funny stuff, considering that I've been hunting this country for the last 30 straight hunting seasons and was born and raised in Montana.

IMG_3306.JPG

I got a good laugh out of it, but, me being me, decided a reply was in order. I fully expected a flat tire or a broken window when I got back. The small local town in the area is referred to by a good friend of mine as the "carnie retirement community". They let me down and I found my truck unscathed...

IMG_3307.JPG

That's pretty good. You responded to it a lot better than I would have.

Reminds me of a new gate where I hunt.
Some local redneck painted "plum creek at work as land whores" on it.
Plum creek doesn't own any land within twenty miles of said gate.

Last edited:
I had a run in with a guy in Idaho a few years back. I was hunting the other side of the Continental Divide between Dillon and Salmon Id.(special late season tag). He pulls up to me and says "Why don't you hunt your own elk in your own state? Your making the draw odds impossible for us locals to draw" I responded well first off I am Hunting my Montana elk because the majority migrate from Montana and winter on the Idaho side and secondly non residents are in a completely different drawing pool than residents. What a tool that guy was:mad:

congrats on your elk sorry about the hospitality of the local mush heads.

Haha.

Even MT boys aren't immune from it. A friend of mine got a note stuck on his windshield: "Go home Flatheader. You're not wanted here". If he hadn't been in Lincoln county, I'd guess it was Nemont.

Haha.

Even MT boys aren't immune from it. A friend of mine got a note stuck on his windshield: "Go home Flatheader. You're not wanted here". If he hadn't been in Lincoln county, I'd guess it was Nemont.

ha, ha good one Belly deep. I give 2 shits where somebody is from, we are all from somewhere. It does amaze me that Flathead High doesn't teach reading or reading comprehension.

Nemont

Heck, I get crap just for running around with out of county plates.

I'm sure the people who wrote on your tailgate are no threat to the elk in places you frequent.

Was the small carnie community Ringling?...named after Ringling Brothers and Barlemon Baley Circus

That is classic!! If you would like to borrow a set of UT plates for next year let me know! I'm betting that would cost you a windo... :D

ha, ha good one Belly deep. I give 2 shits where somebody is from, we are all from somewhere. It does amaze me that Flathead High doesn't teach reading or reading comprehension.

Nemont

Come on Nemont. Laugh a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back