Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cam Hanes new book “Endure”

I think, having not read the book or following him closely, that just like all other big personalities that things get taken out of context and often times when you live your whole life in front of the camera you feel like you have to perform everything.
He is pretty intense, even just listening to some of his workouts and stuff he is dedicated and serious about his hunting. I think a lot of these guys the lines just get blurred - and we only see edited bits of their lives. Podcasts are better, or a book too probably, because you don't get 10 days cut down into a 1 hour episode.

I think that too the only other thing that is hard is where some of these personalities, no matter what genre they are from, they forgot and project that everyone should be doing what they are. Where are single dad of 3 may not be able to do that, or someone working two jobs trying to pay off debt and live a dream life in the future. And some of that is on us as consumers of the media - books, podcasts, shows, movies, etc. I have to remind myself when I get discouraged about how much time i spend in the woods that I only get 2 weeks of vacation a year - and I have 5 growing children who I need to pour into to help keep them growing and becoming thoughtful, self thinking, informed contributing members of society. I have a wife who stays home and raises and schools them and she needs a break. SO I can't be in the woods every weekend, or all Moose Season, Sheep Season and Caribou Season. I can't be in the woods constantly. But I should spend more time walking in the woods with my kids and a .22 for rabbit and ptarmigan/grouse.

Lots of facets to these things.

For a guy who likes to act like he's tougher than a $2 steak and God's gift to hunting, he sure seems like he is a mental midget. Any comment on his social media that doesn't shower him with verbal bouquets is met with a smart ass reply and a block. Picking fights with 15 year old kids must be part of the hammering.

For a guy who likes to act like he's tougher than a $2 steak and God's gift to hunting, he sure seems like he is a mental midget. Any comment on his social media that doesn't shower him with verbal bouquets is met with a smart ass reply and a block. Picking fights with 15 year old kids must be part of the hammering.
Agreed. I’ve always thought a psychologist would have a field day with him. He has an interesting mix of narcissism and self hatred

It’s weird how Randy’s always like
“The hardest part of killing an elk is finding an elk”
And cam and Rogan are always like
“It’s the shot bro”
It’s also weird how Rogan says elk hunting is one of the hardest things he’s ever done but I’m pretty sure he’s never been on a diy hunt.

“It’s the shot bro”
It’s also weird how Rogan says elk hunting is one of the hardest things he’s ever done but I’m pretty sure he’s never been on a diy hunt.
Yeah well Randy has never tried to shoot an elk after snorting a gram of preworkout

Cam and Liver King are wannabes. I heard Randy has DQ mix preworkout in his Blizzard and marinates his wolf backstrap in the stuff. He then chows down both and gets "caned" by the camera guys before killing his elk. He smiles through all of it...tough bastard for sure!

“It’s the shot bro”
Rogan hasn't been anywhere close to a DIY hunt, I doubt he has even considered it. He has gotten the red carpet treatment everywhere he goes when it comes to hunting. I wonder what he would think if he was challenged to buy a OTC tag and hunt elk on public land only without inside knowledge from other hunters....that would be a interesting podcast.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back