The Lost Art of the Shooting Sling 2

Here here MR.
Here are four thigs we can do as shooters to greatly improve our skills,,,anywhere,,,two, without firing a shot.

Dry fire with the best quality snap caps. Use the sling, use the sticks, sit outside if nobody can see you and dry fire at anything and and everything,,,nothing human of course.

Next, take to the forest off of deer and elk season with a hunting license and the intention to shoot nothing but shoot at everything with the snapcaps. Deer elk rabbits etc. Lear to call your shots at the micro second the firing pin falls.
The bans on shooting are not bans in hunting. So pretend you are hunting any varmint and get in your field practice.

During the winter do the same. Most shooting bans are all summer and fall. Wander about i the snow dry firing and livie firing, The snow provides endless targets. A pine cone on the surface a stick sticking out. A bit of unmelted snow left on a log. All the matters is seeing your bullet hole to get feedback.

Lastly, on any long driving trip, add in shooting. A young friend of mine had a family trip planned to Las Vegas. He was going to be there for a week. The desert offers no end of shooting. I suggested he bring one rifle some target and a 100 loaded round. He did, and had serval great desert shoots while there.

On any trip I always have my .308 Sako Finight carbine in my truck, with some simple targets and plenty of reloads. There is lots of BLM land with no retsitctions.

Here are four thigs we can do as shooters to greatly improve our skills,,,anywhere,,,two, without firing a shot.

Dry fire with the best quality snap caps. Use the sling, use the sticks, sit outside if nobody can see you and dry fire at anything and and everything,,,nothing human of course.

Next, take to the forest off of deer and elk season with a hunting license and the intention to shoot nothing but shoot at everything with the snapcaps. Deer elk rabbits etc. Lear to call your shots at the micro second the firing pin falls.
The bans on shooting are not bans in hunting. So pretend you are hunting any varmint and get in your field practice.

During the winter do the same. Most shooting bans are all summer and fall. Wander about i the snow dry firing and livie firing, The snow provides endless targets. A pine cone on the surface a stick sticking out. A bit of unmelted snow left on a log. All the matters is seeing your bullet hole to get feedback.

Lastly, on any long driving trip, add in shooting. A young friend of mine had a family trip planned to Las Vegas. He was going to be there for a week. The desert offers no end of shooting. I suggested he bring one rifle some target and a 100 loaded round. He did, and had serval great desert shoots while there.

On any trip I always have my .308 Sako Finight carbine in my truck, with some simple targets and plenty of reloads. There is lots of BLM land with no retsitctions.
Very famous hunter who's name escapes me right now used to count coup on animals he wasn't going to shoot. What he did was get into position and dry fire at them. Remember now, Elgin Gates!

Very famous hunter who's name escapes me right now used to count coup on animals he wasn't going to shoot. What he did was get into position and dry fire at them. Remember now, Elgin Gates!
I cannot count how any times I have "shot", dry firing with snap caps. my horses, all the cattle and sheep around my place.

I want there to be plenty of times I go afield without a gun. That said many times I just wander about, spot, stalk and dry fire on game animals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back