Cam Hanes new book “Endure”

Ran into/met him (ran into is more appropriate as I wasn’t looking down) about 5-6 years ago. We talked health more than hunting. It was back before my knee finally said F-U and I was still running about 3 miles a day, he replied that he runs two marathons A WEEK 😳. Seemed like anything we talked about he played a trump card, it grew old, I tapped out. I said nice meeting you, I’ll catch you later when you’re taller and went on my way. Sinewy SOB he is but was just too full of himself for me to keephammerin!

It always gives me a chuckle when I hear his name mentioned and all I can think about is his kid hitting him with a stick while he is doing pull ups. The kid couldn't keep a straight face.

I remember a video clip taken on some South African ranch where he stated that he had never taken his family on vacation, but that changed because he brought them along on his safari. So while he is out hammering on African game, his family is out doing their own thing or stuck at the ranch. That's not my definition of a "family" vacation. Certainly wouldn't be my wife and kids definition.

I have met cam 2x over the years. Both short interactions were very positive. I could not believe how much his body changed between those meetings. From a pure physical conditioning standpoint, he is an inspiration. You just can't outwork the guy.
I just ordered the book and am looking forward to reading it.
Cam? That you??

He is probably not a bad guy at all. Think of it as that socially awkward person that got attention for his hobbies. Next thing ya know your being interviewed but everybody and their mother having to re tell your story 1000s of times. Probably gets annoying after awhile, but your making money doing it.

Am I jealous, Hell yea... that dude is hunting in some cool places now.

I don't think there is any doubt the dude puts in work to stay in that kind of shape. Good on him, he is probably gonna live to be a old age.

If I tried that I would be sitting on the trail with two holes where my knees use to be. Dang things left the chat.

I don't think he or joe are bad people in any way shape or form. They are just socially awkward dudes. Keep in mind one of them is a freakin comedian so yea of course they are wacky.

when it’s all said and done who will leave a bigger mark on hunting?
You or Cam?
That's the thing, I don't care. I don't care about leaving a mark on hunting, I don't care about being a mountain warrior, I don't care about hammering. My problem with Cam Haines, Brian Call, Kody Kellom, Hush - whomever, is that they are out there self promoting and taking as much as possible from hunting.

Will he leave a mark? Yes. When all is said and done, will he have taken more from hunting than he gave back? Yup.

Cam strikes me as the kind of person who doesn't read books, let alone writes them. But I seriously doubt a single one of his critics works as hard as he does to accomplish what he wants out of life. So I'll keep my criticism to a minimum.

Have to wonder if he means that he runs 52.4 miles over the coarse of 7 days. It would be possible, but pretty genetically rare to be able to run 2 in a week.

Yeah, just looked it up and though it’s still listed on his bio it’s pretty hard not to call BS… but I wasn’t gonna start a DMC with the guy, it was just “ok, peace out bro!”

964E6655-5F88-44E1-A359-BA680E797257.png

Now he claims to do a marathon distance each day. He’s amazing just ask him and he’ll tell you
His running stats are actually very impressive… that being said my moms TA, mom of 4, working full time keep in mind, beat him in the Wester States 100 miler by 4 hours.

She doesn’t have a book… or professional insta page… or podcast… or hammer this and that she’s just a midclass mom in a mountain town that goes on a 5 hour run before work every day.

If we are talking role models… that lady.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back