Bull of Lifetime (ROUND 2)

thecrittergitter

Well, my solo hunt was short as I decided to deflate this bull on the first day out. I almost let the bastard walk just because his g3's were so short, but I smartened up in a hurry and just decided to make him take a nice long dirt nap. Shot him 6.1 miles from my truck.........COULDA USED YA ZACH!!! LOL

Its amazing how much slower the whole process goes when you don't have help:)

Hes no 370 bull by any means but I can't complain too much. I had an interesting day with my sight pin breaking off early in the morning, and when you only have one pin, it makes shooting very far a little tricky. I actually ended up stalking this bull in his bed because he had 15 cows and he wouldn't leave them for anything. Took me almost an hour and a half to close from 70 yards to just under 30 but pulled it off and even managed to make a perfect shot to boot. Wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out after having that sight pin break but i think enough years of instinctive shooting with my recurve probably helped a bit.

Or just lots of luck:) but whatever it was, i know my family won't go hungry this winter:)

Attachments

• Matt 09 Bull 1-1.jpg
    Matt 09 Bull 1-1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 572
  • Matt 09 Elk 3-1.jpg
    Matt 09 Elk 3-1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 568
  • Matt 09 Bull 2-1.jpg
    Matt 09 Bull 2-1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 566
  • Matt 09 Bull 5-1.jpg
    Matt 09 Bull 5-1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 574
Wow. You guys are putting some bruisers on the ground this year!! Congratulations.

Congrats CG. Looks like you will free to take all those other hunters elk hunting again this fall.

Great bull. You are really into these long packs this year. If I shoot one way back, I know who I will call.

Hope you find one of those whiteys you have been chasing.

Good job crittergitter. All the elk pics and stories are really keeping me stoked for Colorado in 3 weeks...keep em coming!

Awesome bull, congrats. 6.1 miles per trip solo would suck though. You Montana guys sure turn out some great bulls.

You know, I got real lucky actually. I had a landowner that let me drive much closer to where he was through his property, I got the truck within a mile of it and then even got a little closer with the 4 wheeler. I packed the quarters and head up the hill to get it to the bike and then rode the pieces back to the truck.

I would have been in a bad way in 90 degree weather without the adjacent landowner being so good about it. 12 miles in one day just packing the bow and the pack was enough.....

Thanks guys it was fun!

Flat out awesome! It is incredible the number and size of the Bulls the people on this site are putting down. Thanks for sharing!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back